Notices

Mother in hospital, trying to stay possitive

Old 01-13-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom, Scolova. Hang in there. And yes, take it one day at a time. A lot of can happen in a year; this site proves that. Try to stay focused on the present. I hope your mother recovers quickly.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

You, your Mom, and the rest of your family will be in our thoughts and prayers, Scolova. Try not to catastrophize the situation, take things as they come. Good or bad. I know that's a tall order, but please do it for your own sake.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Thank you all again, wish I had not posted the second part to the update above, I was in a bad way mentally, Big Time Pitty Party.
I went and visited with mom a few hours ago, after I had quite a few hours' sleep and she is now responding to questions and comments, with nods and blinking her eyes. So she still isn't out of the woods yet but she has made a huge improvement over the last 48 hours , so I'd really like to thank everyone for their prayers and wishes it sure seems to have helped along with a whole lot of antibiotics\meds.

Staying sober through all this = Priceless!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your mom Scolova, good news that she's responsive though. Will keep you guys in my prayers.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

That's encouraging news about your Mom, and about you as well. Hang in there!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad the news is a little better - hang in there Scolova

D
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Going through the roller coaster of a whole lot of BS emotions & brain fog, when people ask me what is going on with her my mind\mouth gets locked up, they act frustrated and I get PISSED OFF. I had hoped for more progress with mom today, but she is still on the respirator and looking weak, sure hope her mind improves a lot from here on.
Still hanging in there, craving a cigarette something fierce, but not wanting the drink.
Thanks for all the prayers & replies, they help.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Scolova. Sending good thoughts your way hoping your mom starts to look better. Getting through this sober is amazing, so good job on that one!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Scolova))) - prayers continue for your mom and you.

Amy
Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Okay, when they ask:

"what is going on with her"

simple answer:

"it is too soon to tell, thank you for asking."

That should help you.

Not giving medical advice here

I had hoped for more progress with mom today, but she is still on the respirator and looking weak, sure hope her mind improves a lot from here on.
Please remember, you are going to see 'ups and downs' here ......................... she will seem better, a few hours later she will seem back in the real dumps.

Keep asking the Dr every time you see her/him. Be consistent and persistent. They will get so tired of you asking, they will tell you before you can ask.

I have sent you a PM.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Thank You all again, the prayers and great medical care as helped a lot.
My mother is doing well mentally, able to write notes and there does not seem to be much damage to her mind. Still on the ventilator so she has not been out of bed for a week and a half, but each day looks more promising to get that off.
Today's her b-day, I got her a singing card, new robe and some Snuggie house shoes.
I've seen a few more old family (and family friends) and it nearly brings me to my knees when they pretty much congratulate me for my sobriety (without even asking). Some look like they honestly cannot believe their eyes.

I get a bit wobbly at times (PAWS\vertigo I guess), get confused\dizzy when there is a lot going on around me and sensitive to light changes, just have to make sure I have my sunglasses handy when it gets bright.
Still way too many good reasons to stay the course.

Best wishes to all and I pray for those who still suffer.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

sending good thoughts your way
Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Your sobriety is a real gift to your mom, too! Happy birthday to her and prayers too.

Keep up the good work, Scolova!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

(((Scolova))) - I'm really glad to hear your mom is doing better. Also love to hear how you're working your recovery, dealing with PAWS and everything else, and putting that one foot in front of the other

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

great news Scolova

D
Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

My mother is now in a nursing home \ physical rehab facility and the place is pretty darn depressing. I was able to take our dog there to see her for the first time in three weeks, everyone wanted to be his friend. He sure was overwhelmed, but I was grateful he settled down a bit and I'm gonna try to take him again. I really hope she can prove to them (and herself) that she can be active again, I don't want her spending more than a month in there... She'll go crazy.. I'd go crazy. What really pisses me off is my brother has not come to visit and even after I told him she could receive calls, HE WON'T EVEN CALL HER, rrrrr, she has done so much for him and his wife and they can't even call or send a card....? <sigh> She does have a few good friends and me visiting her.
I've been challenged, but just have to be proud of my sobriety, myself and help her get to moving again.
... had a headache for a couple days and have now developed a lump on the side of my forehead , I don't remember bumping into anything, but I could have and being so busy not noticed.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the stress Scolova, but I'm hoping for the best possible outcome for the both of you

D
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Thank you very much D and to the other well wishers out there....

I got a call this morning and guess what? .... Yep, she's back in the hospital (uggh)
this time they are saying neumonia and that's cause her to not get enough oxygen, then she goes nutty. I should've known better than to send a text to my brother\SiL they called back and pissed me off, we got into an argument over the phone (always fun...not) and he said they were close to losing their home.
God/HP must have something really special reserved for me.
I still thank God, SR and myself for my continued sobriety, inner strength & purpose, without that I would have certainly ended it all by now.

God Bless and stay strong.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

(((Scolova))) - I'm so sorry that where she was was depressing, that she's back in the hospital and that your brother is being a jerk. That's a lot to deal with, so I'm incredibly proud of you that are dealing with all of it and coming here to update and talk about it.

My continued hugs and prayers for all of you,

Amy