Notices

Sorry and a little embarrassed

Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sorry and a little embarrassed

I'm so sorry if my post from last night stirred things up, I did not realize it would cause so much trouble...I'm embarrassed...I did appreciate the different opinions of people..I have not been at home much today to be on the computer,been at the nursing home. I apologize again, new to all of this.. I am sorry again and truely embarrassed.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

You don't have any reason to be sorry or embarrassed. Not one little bit.

Congrats on your sober time!!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why... stirring things up isn't such a hard thing to do around here... we have some great members here at SR who feel strongly about their recovery... It's a good thing... So THANK YOU for posting, you help us!! That's how it works.

Lots of times, because we feel so strongly, threads get locked before things get completely out of hand... Don't take it personally. Nothing you said or did needs to be apologized for.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are here at SR.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No apologies needed. It took me a while to realize that certain phrases are fightin' words around here, lol.

That thread just reinforces for me that experiences with alcoholism and recovery are quite different from one person to the next. It's a mistake for one person to presume to know what's true for another. Your husband can be excused because this is completely unfamiliar terrain for him. It's more surprising to me that some longtime members of SR would make the same error.

Keep posting, nel.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't be sorry! I thought it was a really interesting thread, actually. People do get riled up over certain things... that's just something you learn over time and has more to do with the people discussing the topic (with zeal) than the question you asked. I didn't actually realize that the disease model concept was so contentious but I am adding it to my list of no-no's lol. That along with alcohol content in food and whether or not it's okay to drink NA beer Keep posting! :ghug3
Old 01-11-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No need to be sorry. I was watching the thread but did not post. I joined SR last week and have found everyone is just trying to help. I have found lots of useful info and support here. My first thread didn't turn out so well either, felt the same way as you. Don't give up on SR, it has gotten me through 13 days now without any other outside help but here.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

As everyone has said, no need to apologise!

It's good sometimes to get fired up about things... makes you remember why they're important No harm done, we all still love each other
I enjoyed the thread actually.

Dee closed it because it had the potential to get out of hand, not because you did the wrong thing by starting the thread.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, I enjoyed the thread a good deal. It was the best discussion I've been involved with yet on this forum!

Disagreement can be lively, and lead us to examine issues more closely---which IMO is a good thing. But the mods tend not to appreciate disagreement I guess, and so they closed the thread. Oh well. What can you do?

But I definitely enjoyed it while it lasted. It sounds like others did too. So thanks for kicking off the topic!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

nel you posted a legitimate question---no need to apologize at all! And WELCOME!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...we often have threads with various points of view.
Not everyone is on the same recovery road...and that too can be
an interesting discussion....."

Keep asking questions and do continue to post.