Notices

Day 1 - 2012

Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 - 2012

Hey all,

So I haven't been around for a while, started drinking again and all my resolve disolved away, soon enough Christmas rolled around and I was back to my old drinking habits.

Last night I drank the last 2 beers that were in the fridge, the lack of money being the main reason I didn't go buy more. But this morning I'm feeling better than I have in the last month or so, even with the guilt of knowing I failed miserably again.

But alas, its time for me to learn what I knew before: "Argent, you cannot drink anymore"

So here I am again, willing that this time will be the last.

Happy new year to all

AoS
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Back AoS

I guess someone has to ask it - what are you planning to do differently this time?

D
Old 01-05-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Argent

It's a big thing to say 'I can't drink any more' - at least it was for me.

I spent years saying 'I will cut back'; 'I will moderate' but it NEVER worked. if I don't want to continue my life in the same vein, I have to quit for good. I am still getting my head around it. But I want to improve my life and I can't do that while drinking. Am only a few days ahead of you on day 5.

I wish all the best on your journey as well.

Sunny
Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I started my new year with an alcohol free celebration. I was happy I was able to celebrate without the presence of alcohol. I spend my first day of new year with healthy drinks like fruit juices.

For the whole year, I plan to lessen more my drinking habit and totally remove it as another year will enter in about 12 months. Recently, I was able to reduce my drinking habit for about 50%, so I expect I can achieve to remove totally that drinking habit for the next couple of months. I make my time more productive along with my kids, and spend some time bonding with my wife - and also reading books. It is a good sign that I am actually changing for the better.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In your first post you say...

But alas, its time for me to learn what I knew before: "Argent, you cannot drink anymore"

In your second post you say...

For the whole year, I plan to lessen more my drinking habit and totally remove it as another year will enter in about 12 months.

It's got to be one or the other....right?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Dave

D
Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Back AoS

I guess someone has to ask it - what are you planning to do differently this time?

D
Thanks Dee,

I'm not sure actually, I used work as an excuse, it was super busy november/december, so after 16 hours of work I thought to myself "I deserve a drink" which is just of course me justifying. I plan on learning to play guitar (which i got for xmas) I am hoping having something enjoyable todo of an evening will help some. tbh i'm still working on the "how".

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
In your first post you say...

In your second post you say...

For the whole year, I plan to lessen more my drinking habit and totally remove it as another year will enter in about 12 months.

It's got to be one or the other....right?
Think you got two people mixed up there Sapling My plan is not to lessen my drinkign (i know i cant do that ive tried many many times) but to stop

Originally Posted by DaveVelasco View Post
I started my new year with an alcohol free celebration. I was happy I was able to celebrate without the presence of alcohol. I spend my first day of new year with healthy drinks like fruit juices.

For the whole year, I plan to lessen more my drinking habit and totally remove it as another year will enter in about 12 months. Recently, I was able to reduce my drinking habit for about 50%, so I expect I can achieve to remove totally that drinking habit for the next couple of months. I make my time more productive along with my kids, and spend some time bonding with my wife - and also reading books. It is a good sign that I am actually changing for the better.

Welcome to SR Dave

Cheers

AoS
Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My bad...Sorry about that...Yeah the only way to stop...Is to know that you can't drink again...I have yet to see any other way that has worked with the problem of alcoholism...Wouldn't be here if there was.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I heard a line at a meeting yesterday that I liked....

How much did my first drink cost me?....Everything I had...How much will my next drink cost me??....Three dollars and fifty cents.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Practice makes perfect. Let's go at it again. Right back at it, that's the way. Keep rolling Argent.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post

How much did my first drink cost me?....Everything I had...How much will my next drink cost me??....Three dollars and fifty cents.

Sorry, I don't get it, Sampling. Can you explain?

A.M.L