Notices

Hello

Old 12-12-2003, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi Everyone, I have not been posting
for awhile so I wanted to check in. The fact is I haven't been doing much of anything for my recovery. Things are going well but, I'm not things. I was going to tell you what I've been telling myself and others. " I've been working extra, I've been busy with holidays, I've been tired, etc. Fact is I have been lazy. My attitude changes so much when I don't attend to my recovery. The last few days I have been thinking that maybe I don't need all this AA, boards etc. You throw this in with problems at work and I'm a drink waiting to happen. One thing I've been having a problem with is people not liking me.
Now that I'm a supervisor I've had to deal with it even more. Can you relate to this? Most people like me and I get along with eveyone. There are 2 people that don't like me because I got the job they wanted. I have tried everything to get them to change, even though I find out they say terrible things about me.
Why do I let one person out of many bother me. Oh! I say to others I don't care. And many people tell me not to let it bother me. Have any of you had to deal with wanting eveyone to like you.
And feeling, I guess guilty, like it must be something I can do. That along with wanting everyone to get along. I get myself in the middle so much with family
and co-workers. Anyway, I am going to turn my attention back to my recovery.
I really need to plan my life around a meeting, and not the other way around.
Have a great weekend. I feel better already just talking to you all. Don W
Old 12-12-2003, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Don!
I have also been in the place where you are regarding work. I got promoted to a position of management too, and I have 2 people who are not happy cos they did not get it , but the one place I AM confident, is work, and I know that I got the position because I have the knowledge and the skills to do it . So, I just do my job in a proffesional manner, i treat the 2 people involved exactly as I do all the other employees, and expect the same standard from them .

It is irrelevant weather they like me, as long as they carry out their duties in a proper manner

HUGX
lee
Old 12-12-2003, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Don,
I sure can relate to that. I thought that everyone had to like me, all the time. If someone didn't - I worked on it and worried about it. The same in my family. The thing is that I found that was one cause of my beginning to drink. I was so busy being what people wanted me to be, that I lost myself. I don't worry about it much at all anymore and in fact, I'm rather proud that there are a couple of co-workers who aren't fond of me. That's the way it should be. Glad to see you've come back - and it does take a lot of work doesn't it?

Love, Anna