Notices

Is there any UK members I can talk to?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there any UK members I can talk to?

Stress at work and money I have been making from online business ventures on the side this year is dwindling. I have to do my taxes soon and I have spent all the money on cocaine, alcohol and partying. I dont know what to do and I am drinking cognac as I write this as usual. I am seriously thinking it is time to checkout and leave the good memories behind before people realise what I have become.

chriss
Old 12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

...or you can turn things around, starting now.

5 years ago, I was the neighbourhood drunk - I was resigned to being remembered that way.

Thankfully, I had a window of clarity, and with a little time and effort, I turned my life and my reputation around.

You can do it too Chriss - if you want to.

D
Old 12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Allo Chriss,
I'm from London but live in the shaky Tokyo just now.
How can I help?

I've been a massive binge drinker for the past god knows how many years and I think I know how you feel.
Its always worse after a massive bender, your well para, can't think straight , etc blah blah you know it got the t-shirt etc.

I had a look at my life and where it is right now and thought if I change only good come come from it.
Yes sure I love to party , who doesn't? But pissing my good hard earned money up the wall (pint of beer is about 9 quid over here) every weekend and have nothing to show for it finally made me realise I need to get a grip of the situation.
But it wasn't just the financial side it was the mental shape I was in, I had the most horrendous comedowns after a bender.

I had a look at your posts and you seem to post and then vanish, post and vanish...
I hope you can get back to this thread so we can have a good chin wag.

Take it step by step day by day,

Take it easy fella.

Elbow
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I live in England and run my own business.

Is it just tax or do you owe VAT as well? Are you self-employed or limited company?

Give this charity a call: Business Debtline They give free advice to business who owe—or are owed—money. I've called them a few times when people have try to get out of paying me and they're really helpful. It's all confidential too so you can be totally honest with them; they'll be honest with you.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've gone bust twice and been very rich and lost it all again then on the way back up.

When it comes to business and money ANYTHING can be sorted out, and it is never as bad as it seems.

It just seems worse when you've had a drink 'cos the alcohol is depressing you and makes those demons bigger.

Nothing is worth as much as your life, health and sanity. Money is low down on the list.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in the UK, PM me if you'd like to chat xx