Notices

Bring on day 2.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bring on day 2.

I got a great night sleep thanks to me not drinking before bed. Started the day off having a healthy breakfast with my kids then we are going to head out for a walk. Sure beats drinking first thing in the morning and being on the couch lazy all day. I have a little bit of a shaky feeling and lightheaded but nothing too bad. To be honest it might just be "energy" that my body is not use to. Who knows either way I really don't want to go back. The hardest part is the urge. I had to turn down stopping at the gas station last night on the way home from school and downing a 4 loko or two before bed. It was my ritual. I didn't give in and I hope I do not tonight either.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

slp88, day 2 sounds amazing. One day at a time! God bless you.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep racking up the great experiences of living genuinely by not drinking. It really is fun, isn't it?

BTW, 4 loko .... ughhhhh ... I have abused that crap and now the mention of it makes me gag. Nasty!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Congrats Bro! Hope you stick to it! Your success gives me more hope so keep posting, and so will I!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:)

Yup, 4 lokos...they were my cheap drunk. Worked every time but the hangover was horrible. Took the boys on a walk. We were just going to go about .5 miles but wound up walking over 4! I just got so caught up looking at my surroundings and realizing how great life is when your not caught it a toilet bowl. I just hope I can keep it up! After the walk all of the shakes are gone too, score!!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I first tried the four loko after learning how much alcohol & dangerous they were to drink. I agree they were cheap to get drunk & when I couldn't get to store to buy cheap vodka I would turn to those. Congrats on your new found sobriety.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I first tried the four loko after learning how much alcohol & dangerous they were to drink. I agree they were cheap to get drunk & when I couldn't get to store to buy cheap vodka I would turn to those. Congrats on your new found sobriety.
The newly revised Four Loko drink aren't as dangerous as they were before. I can easily take two cans of it whereas last year, if I took two cans, I would black out, wake up naked in the living room and hadn't a single clue how I got there.

I've been boozing off cheap Brandy and if I can't get that, I'll go for Four Loko because it pretty much gets the job done at 12% alcohol. Although, it makes you say stupid things if you're on the internet whilst drunk off of it.

It seems the more expensive the drink, the more reluctant I am in drinking more than I should. I could sit on a bottle of Grey Goose for a very long time because I refuse to waste it until the weekend.

However, I shouldn't make this sound like we're having some fun discussion about alcohols because alcohol isn't fun. It's a temporary fix to a larger, long lasting problem.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok I wasn't sure what the heck four loko was. I just checked.

Lets not get into topics that are inappropriate or may upset others here.

We get a lot of scared vulnerable people through our forums.
Reminiscing about drinking, or brands of drinks, is not what we're here for.

The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose.

It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
thanks
D
Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Talking Welcome to Day 3!!

Good morning slp88! I just wanted to welcome you to day 3 and let you know that you've got a lot of people pulling for you!

Hope today is amazing and that you check in and tell us all about it!

Take care,
Kellye
Old 12-01-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by slp88 View Post
Sure beats drinking first thing in the morning and being on the couch lazy all day...
ha. You're right. I'm amazed how much stuff I'm getting done around the house, and doing things overall. All this free time with lots of energy is awesome!

Matt