Notices

hello, i'm new here.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello, i'm new here.

hello folks, thought i'd share my story as this is my first time dropping the bottle and joining and recovery forum.

i was drinking very heavily for 3 years. last year is when it really started growing over the top as i moved away from my parents and family. it went from getting drunk, to getting blackout drunk on the daily. every other day i'd go out and buy a new bottle of rum/vodka, i depleted them like they were water bottles. half a liter was no problem for me, it got to where i wouldn't wake up feeling hungover, i'd just tell myself "oh, nothing seems to be a problem, time for a couple shots." this would be as soon as i woke up.

it's now been a week since my last drink. today was the worst so far. the awful headaches have continued for 3 days without ceasing. the cold sweats and shaking, even vocal shaking. i've been drinking water like someone who's been stuck in the desert for days without a single drop and i still have that cottonmouth feeling and desire to drink more water. the good bit is that i've been enjoying eating more and occupying myself with things i'd put off.

hopefully, i can keep this up. i know i can, and my friends are in full support (which is good knowledge to have). i however, get the urge each day to go out and get a bottle. it's like my mind is trying to trick itself into believing i'll be able to moderate it which i know is not true.

anyways, it's nice to be part of this forum and look forward to talking with you all.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome mistermystery

A weeks a long time to feel like that - if you haven't seen one yet I recommend seeing a Dr - at the very least you can set your mind to rest about your health

glad you've joined us - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 10-29-2011, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I drank like you. Time of day had no matter to me. The liquor store couldn't open early enough for me sometimes.

I, too, recommend seeing a dr. and be totaly honest about your drinking.

Many of us have put the bottle down and are living sober. You can do it too. Seek out all the support you can find. AA is a place where many here have recovered.

Best to you, and please keep posting on your progress.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Mistermystery

I would agree with Dee - maybe it would be a good idea to visit your GP...?

Hang in there and keep posting here. I have found SR a fantastic support. Without it I doubt I'd be 3 weeks sober today!

Wishing you the best of luck.

M
Old 10-29-2011, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR MisterMystery,

Congrats on a week of sobriety!

Ditto on the dr advice, if your not feeling better

AoS
Old 10-29-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to our recovery family.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome You will find lots of support here. Keep posting and reading.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome mistermystery and congrats on one week sober! I agree with the others who say that you should see a Dr...if anything, it will give you peace of mind You've come this far, don't look back
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome mistermystery!

Great job on getting a week sober! It really will get better. Even the urges will begin to fade as time goes on. After drinking daily though, it does take some time, so be patient with yourself. Vitamins help a lot, too (especially B vitamins).

Glad you've joined us!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you all for the greetings

today went surprisingly well. started taking vitamins. bought apple juice and lots of fruit to begin making some fresh fruit shakes along with wheatgrass juice. adding all these things into my schedule along with a more healthy and organic eating regiment. thinking about slowly picking up exercising once the aches start to fade