Notices

Remembering your last drunk......

Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My last drunk had such a HUGE impact on me and my life..that I am forever changed by it...for me it thankfully has worked thus far...you can say it was a total spiritual awakening...xo
Old 09-19-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

People may share a common illness of addiction, recovery approaches do vary. Glad you found what works loveon2legs.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

8-6-11, I punched my best friend's sister, I guess...I don't remember it. Made an absolute fool of myself in front of my friend's family and daughter. Well I don't talk to her anymore. She was trashed as well, but that's beside the point. I know what an ass I was. As they say in the BB, we are actors, and I accidentally let a lot of people see the real me, a drunk. It's sobering when our covers are blown. I'm done being fake.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
High on Life

Lets see....the last time I picked up a drink I ended up in detox for 3 days, then Baker Acted 3 hrs after I got out, 2 days later I was Baker Acted again, and 2 days later I was back in detox. So that image is thoroughly ingrained in my head.

I think you will be fine on your B-Day, because you're on your guard. I think it's when we are not worried that lies the underlying problem.

Happy 40th!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

I recall it with odd clarity:

I went out early (noon), on a few errands, on a day off during summer break. I ran into a friend, we had sushi. Then, some wine. Then, I went home to take a nap, but could not sleep, it was maybe 4 PM, so I went back out. And had several drinks, kept running into people I had not seen in ages. Stopped off at another place on the way home, on foot, ordered a Martini with a pinch of Absinthe. Had the sudden urge to hydrate, so went to 7-11, and bought 3 vitamin waters, and a can of Pringles. Stumbled home, maybe 10 PM, drank almost all the water, made a mess of the chips. Thought about suicide, using the express train as the method, highly effective.....then passed out.

Woke up, and thought: why? Why this kind of life? Yes, I have fun, but it is so hollow. Something just hit me; it felt like it was finally time. There was nothing really spectacular about it, there had been worse nights, to be sure...oddly, I had not even a bruise from the stumbling. But it just felt like time to quit, so, I quit.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
PAR

Woke up at 4 in the morning on the living room floor. Sat there for a couple of hours and started to panick because I didn't have anything else in the house to drink. I called a friend and asked him to bring me a bottle of anything. He came with a bottle of wine. I drank half of it and he drove me to detox. It was a great time.