Notices

48 days...

Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 48 days...

48th day sober. Last night around 5pm, I started to feel the anxiousness/brain fog again, I want to be active rather than sitting watching television. It sort of came earlier in the weeks but then went away, but since yesterday evening it's been back. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it part of that 'ol "booze trying to trick you into drinking again" I've heard about?

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 48 days! And I've read that watching tv causing restlessness and anxiety... there's a scientific explanation. It's something about the electrons from the screen and how they affect your body through your vision. Maybe step away from the tv and take up yoga?

And don't listen to that voice trying to trick you Realize it for what it is... your addictive voice doing just that... trying to trick you.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats!!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

well done on your sober progres....

I found working puzzles and doing word games improved my mental acuity. I also walked a lot.
To stay strong in my quest for a sober future...I connected to AA ..thus finding new friends to enjoy....
Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job on your 48 days!
Never experienced what you are talking about, but it sounds like you need to get away from the telly and just move around. Go for a walk or some type of exercise.

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

48 days is quite the accomplishment.

Urges can be tricky, especially in early sobriety. I found that I could take away the power of my urges by having as stronger desire to be and stay well.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time.

Yes, you have to keep vigilant, alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location: “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Question Re Sober time...

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Well done on your sober progress....

I found working with puzzles and doing word games improved my mental faculties. I also walked a lot. To remain strong, in my quest for a sober future...I connected to AA. Thus, finding new friends to enjoy.

Amen...My mental faculties have improved over time. Brain games -like mentioned above- can help improve our mental clarity as well. It's Certainly food for thought, that's for sure. AA has been a stable part of my recovery platform too. Something, I never regretted. Congrats...on your 48 days of sobriety as well.

~God bless~
Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

48 days

Hey M79812 - saw your message a few weeks ago, and realized then that we have the same sobiety date! 6/12/11. So when you count, I hope I will be right there with you! Tomorrow starts week 8 - keep it up-
Tony
Old 07-31-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Tony... 49th day!

So, I noticed last week and the week before I was feeling better than I do now. I don't feel bad, but just sort of anxious and some brain fog. I know in previous attempts, I'd get sort of the same thing, but it would be after 1 or 2 weeks of sobriety. Then, I would begin to feel better. This time around it feels like the opposite, where it took longer to hit me.

Then again, I haven't done 49 days straight in quite awhile...recently it's been a week, two, 30 at the most then I go back to dabbling in my old ways. But I've had enough... is it common to have good patches then rough ones during the early stages?

Thanks!