Notices

Second Chances!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second Chances!

So as some of you may of read I relapsed on Monday after 29 days sober and in my alcholic mind I thought i could begin to moderate my drinking yea since then I had a margarita on wednesday night, three beers on thursday night, and got completely wasted on friday night, so obviously this is not going to work for me. So I'm giving myself a second go at sobriety and hope this time I will be able to avoid situations that I may lose control at and say no to myself when I want to drink on my own.

This time I do plan on going to meetings as often as I can and also got a coworker of my boyfriends mom's number who is a recovering alcohlic that I can call if I need to talk to someone.

Wish me luck!!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Every day provides a new opportunity, we just need to seize it and hold on to it for life. I won't wish you good luck since luck has nothing to do with sobriety byt I will wish you all my best in your journey.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abd112 View Post
So as some of you may of read I relapsed on Monday after 29 days sober and in my alcholic mind I thought i could begin to moderate my drinking yea since then I had a margarita on wednesday night, three beers on thursday night, and got completely wasted on friday night, so obviously this is not going to work for me. So I'm giving myself a second go at sobriety and hope this time I will be able to avoid situations that I may lose control at and say no to myself when I want to drink on my own.

This time I do plan on going to meetings as often as I can and also got a coworker of my boyfriends mom's number who is a recovering alcohlic that I can call if I need to talk to someone.

Wish me luck!!
No offense but you are cutting it a bit short going down this route after 29 days zipping margarita's etc, this obviously shows your mind is not at ease of laying off the booze while handed on a plate to you.

Good luck though and all the best.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I too had false starts before I found solid recovery....and I did quit by connecting to my local AA.

I'm really glad you are adding things this time ..good for you...
Old 07-24-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Realizing you are powerless over alcohol, which I read into your post, is the first step towards recovery.

Contacting someone in recovery and asking for help is the single most important thing for you to do at this stage.

Just as your drinking progressed Wednesday to Thursday to Friday, so does the disease.

Alcohol wants only one thing: Your life.

Recovery is possible, one day at a time.

Peace.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back abd

D
Old 07-24-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan...The triggers will get you everytime. You can do it
Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In early sobriety, going to a lot of meetings really helps. When people say they are "working a program" it means that it takes work, every day.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It took me over a year to get six months sober. Just keep coming back until you get it!

GG
Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by abd112
...in my alcholic mind I thought i could begin to moderate my drinking yea since then I had a margarita on wednesday night, three beers on thursday night, and got completely wasted on friday night, so obviously this is not going to work for me.
Oh I know this. Moderation never worked for me either. I had to replace my old way of thinking with some healthy views about my alcoholism. Keeping my focus on living a life free from alcohol made for some good behavioral changes for me.