Notices

feeling really good about life these days

Old 07-17-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling really good about life these days

day 87.....wow...what a transformation my life has taken. From catching the train into the city and drinking in parks. To now. Everything about sobriety is right, I have better friends, new friends and I'm loving it.

Things at the moment, how I'm feeling now is gratitude for everything right in my life. I feel free. Free from the prison in my mind of alcoholism. My mental health is as good as it can get.

I feel I am growing as a person everyday. I have no hang-ups, no major problems, I battled with the bottle since I was 17 I'm now 30 that's a lot of time but finally got things right.

The sparkle in my eyes are back and my love of life. I think the rain in my heart doco was the first thing that rang true for me, then my mate getting diabetes then having a good look at myself and getting the blood tests that showed proof of the life I was destroying.

Many calls to helplines (crisis phone numbers) in the middle of the night off my face trying to find help and solutions not realising I had the power to stop drinking myself. Something clicked one day and I said enough of this nightmare.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Checkmate1. You sound really good
Old 07-17-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congratulations, looks like you got your life under control
Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you shared your progress with us..

Have youu noticed we do have an active Gratitude Forum?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yet another example that people CAN change!

Stay vigilant! Ups and downs are bound to come, but you can weather them if you have a plan.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
Something clicked one day and I said enough of this nightmare.
checkmate,
congrats friend! definitely a victory!!! i love this line that you wrote. it truly is a nightmare. that describes it best. your progress is an encouragement.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
day 87.....wow...what a transformation my life has taken.
Things at the moment, how I'm feeling now is gratitude for everything right in my life. I feel free. Free from the prison in my mind of alcoholism. My mental health is as good as it can get. I feel I am growing as a person everyday. I have no hang-ups, no major problems, I battled with the bottle since I was 17 I'm now 30 that's a lot of time but finally got things right.

The sparkle in my eyes are back and my love of life. I think the rain in my heart doco was the first thing that rang true for me, then my mate getting diabetes then having a good look at myself and getting the blood tests that showed proof of the life I was destroying.

Many calls to helplines (crisis phone numbers) in the middle of the night off my face trying to find help and solutions not realising I had the power to stop drinking myself. Something clicked one day and I said enough of this nightmare.
Congrats on 87 days
I feel the same way about my sparkle and love of life being back No longer am I enslaved to drinking and that mentality. I love me and my life
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welldone checkmate! Great you are feeling good! Awesome that your mental health is good aswell!