Notices

A new life is beginning

Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new life is beginning

I'm leading into day 80 of recovery it's been quite a journey. I feel the most comfortable in my own skin and most confident in my whole life. I have read other people's posts and it's true when they say you feel a sense of calmness come over you, less thoughts going round your head you are quiet at peace.

When I was drinking I was a mess and couldn't imagine living a life without booze it was too much. I tried moderation, taking a couple days off a week everything except finally surrendering and accepting I could no longer drink. I wasn't a normal drinker.

Bingeing on alcohol was the norm and when I looked in the mirror I was ashamed of myself. I was bloated and fat from eating too much when I got hungry from drinking too much. I actually hated the look of myself which is sad. I have now lost 7kg and the bloated overweight look.

I now accept myself in all my faults. I have extreme trouble with anxiety especially around people. I accept that this is me and if you don't take the time to really get to know me it's your loss as I am a great person and you can learn lots from me.

I would not be me an individual without the anxiety this is me and take me as I am. This type of thinking has helped me so much and I do my best with new people but if they can't get past the shyness then that is there loss. I am very open in conversation and you will get a no BS response if that is what you want.

I have made new friends in my sobriety which I hold close to my heart. I go out clubbing, cinema's, shopping and everything in between I do not desire a drink and refuse to put a mouthful of that poison in myself as I have abused my mind and body already to much. I like the sober me and like the control I have over myself and what I say to others.

I am an alcoholic I will never be cured of this disease but I choose not to drink alcohol each and every day. Each day get's easier and better although you can have a bad day like anybody else but it's not because of the alcohol anymore.

80 days ago I was feeling guilt and shame over my drinking and will never forget what that felt like and what I put my family through. I'm a better person today and do my best to make amends for all the trouble I put everyone through. I quit alcohol and most importantly i did it for me!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

how exciteing for you Check...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 80 days, wow! I hope I can also say the same in 79
Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats, Checkmate. I am so happy for you!!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, good for you. Stay vigilant, the first few months can have lots of ups and downs.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes can really see a future for myself without drinking......more money, better friends, can actually plan the future instead of the next drink, able to put more quality time in my interests, happier, connect with family better, feel healthier, more independent the list is endless.