Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

10 days sober from booze... question, massive fatigue.

Notices

10 days sober from booze... question, massive fatigue.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Question 10 days sober from booze... question, massive fatigue.

Hi all, I'm actually on the double digits again *Finally* but ... just a little concerned about myself. After I get up around 9am or noon, around 6-9pm I begin getting fatigued, that I could nap until midnight, and then I could sleep again until like 7am! This has been happening for the past few days... I usually had napped in the past before anyway, but I've been sleeping more than I've been awake in the past 2-3 days... did anyone ever have this when going off their DoC or ... anything? Thanks..
Old 06-03-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was pretty common for me Paulos.

Be good to yourself - eat right - try to stay at least a little active - and try not to worry about it too much.

Congratulations on starting again.

D
Old 06-03-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Paulos 10 days is great! I had sleep issues and tiredness for a month at least. Like Dee said, make sure you eat right and try to do something physical everyday. It helps to regulate your sleep pattern. You might be a little depressed. I know I was the first month. Try and keep a positive attitude. If you find yourself getting caught up in a depressive state, maybe a visit to your Doctor might help you out.

Best Wishes To You!!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm off and on tired as well. Some days are better than others, just get your rest when you need it while your body is recovering.

BTW love the avatar, Tactics FTW! I really should try to play it again, never got around to beating it....
Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've always heard the common response is that alcohol, while it may let you just pass out easily. It doesn't let you have a good nights rest so your body may be trying to catch up?

I found myself napping daily after I quit drinking. Not so much anymore, but once in awhile.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think sleep problems are the most common complaint in early soberiety. It was two weeks befor I got more than five hours at a time. I'd sleep a chunk of time here, a chunk of time there with absolutely no schedule whatsoever. I've been sober over a year now and it's gotten a lot better. It was really hit or miss the first nine months or so.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like the others have said it's pretty common. It took me about 7-10 days to start to feel more normal when I stopped. But everyone is different it may take a bit longer for others.

The sleep problems will get better. I use to have the worst time in the world trying to get to sleep. I would lay down and then lay there tossing and turning for a minimum of a couple hours before I could ever get to sleep, then I'd be so tired I laid around napping half the day. That was a nightly thing for years for me.

But Now...I sleep like a baby! For the past few months I am asleep almost soon as my head hits the pillow and then I'm up bright and early around 8am. Just give it a little more time you will start to feel better soon.

Steve
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on double digits!!!!

The first 5 days I didn't sleep at all...and then I slept an insane amount for awhile. I let myself. I figured my body needed the healing power of sleep. Be gentle with yourself and patient in the knowledge that this too shall pass

Tina
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I still have crushing fatigue from time to time, I had to make sure I get time to sleep, the most pain I am in during the day involves fatigue and frustration.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Youre doing great. I felt like **** for a month or so. Then, I was able to start going to AA and really getting some relief. Im a year clean and sober and have peace and serinity.

Thank you God
Old 03-20-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I am about to cross my 10th day sober and feel super sleepy during the day. I am hoping it is just my body catching up to all that disturbed sleep. I am going to start going to bed at sunset and wearing blue blocker glasses at night if I awaken (just to read, no computer). Need to give my body a chance to get the rest it lost out on for the last 20 years.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yep, it can be rough early on, but congrats on 10 days ASM! You may want to consider opening a new thread of your own!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes for sure, 2 weeks in and im still knackered.