Notices

been drinking

Old 03-19-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

been drinking

I had some drinks today ,

I really regret it now . I was just so bored and lonely and I wanted to get that buzz so I went down to the local store and brought some beer , didn't want to wait to get home to drink it so I went to the local park and sat there drinking my beer by myself,
haha I'm such a loser.
After that I expected to feel "better" but I didn't I just felt like crap , alcohol really isn't doing it for me anymore , I don't know why I continue to drink. anyway I kind of hate myself right now . I'm also going to be drinking again tomorrow .

I don't want to but I have this job interview and I'm so nervous, I always used to drink before interviews to calm me down , I cant cope without it and I know ill do terribly , sometimes it just seems impossible to live a sober life

thanks if your reading this sorry for rambling it just helps to write on here
Old 03-19-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was where you are - for decades.

I didn't know how to cope without alcohol so I continued to drink everyday; it was such a major part of my life that it became my identity.

After drinking everyday for 27 years I stopped because the alcohol stopped working - it used to make me feel good but in the end nothing made me feel good.

You will know when you are ready to change. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol as a calming substance is an illusion hun, when I finally realised this, I found it easier to stay away from it.
I also went to interviews half buzzed years ago, never got the jobs.... I am guessing because they could smell it on me.
If you really want to end this cycle of hell, you can just need some plans to assist you in making that happen. Could be rehab? AA? This site? Therapy? All of the above?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you

I know exactly what you mean ,its like me and alcohol became one and
the same , Its definitely time for a change cos its just not working anymore , well I guess I can only keep trying
Old 03-19-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by drunkgirl97 View Post
t, well I guess I can only keep trying
That depends I think. What have you been trying up to this point? Maybe it's time to try something else?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Poppy79 View Post
. Could be rehab? AA? This site? Therapy? All of the above?
sometimes I feel like going to rehab I think it might be the only thing that will work for me , might be a bit drastic though
Old 03-19-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
That depends I think. What have you been trying up to this point? Maybe it's time to try something else?
gone to a few AA meetings but the rest of the week I'm by myself, and I don't have a job so that probably doesn't help .
Old 03-19-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

might be a bit drastic though
I would argue that your inability to stop drinking is a pretty drastic problem, I know mine was. Sometimes you need to take drastic measures to solve problems that are equally as bad, no?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I promised my wife that if I ever drink again I will be in rehab the next day. I don't think there are many things that are to drastic to try to live sober.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

gone to a few AA meetings but the rest of the week I'm by myself, and I don't have a job so that probably doesn't help .
Of you think AA is working for you, call some numbers and someone will be able to give you a ride, every day if you need it.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sometimes I feel like going to rehab I think it might be the only thing that will work for me , might be a bit drastic though
Nothing is to drastic if you really want to quit. I've said this quite a bit today but saying I'll try, or I'll drink on weekends and Tuesday, or 5 beers max doesn't work. Never has never will, at least for me.

If you want to truly quit you have to commit yourself to do whatever it takes. I know you can do it.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm going to try and find out about rehab , I don't think I can do this alone I need some help .

jic27 _ you are so right I need to put my desire to stop drinking above everything else, nothing is worth getting drunk over not even job interviews, I do get nervous but I'm going to try and find some other way to deal with it . cant keep numbing my emotions with alcohol , I don't want to live like that .

thanks all I'm going to go pour the rest of my beers down the sink
Old 03-19-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Rehab is good if you want to get better- it is a start. Support to you.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm going to try and find out about rehab , I don't think I can do this alone I need some help .

jic27 _ you are so right I need to put my desire to stop drinking above everything else, nothing is worth getting drunk over not even job interviews, I do get nervous but I'm going to try and find some other way to deal with it . cant keep numbing my emotions with alcohol , I don't want to live like that .

thanks all I'm going to go pour the rest of my beers down the sink

Believe it or not getting nervous is good thing. It means you are doing something challenging and worth while.

Best of luck to you.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

this is a life or death matter. nothing is too drastic
dont try to find out about rehab.
just do it. dont just look into on the web. start making phone calls.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey drunk girl, I feel your pain! Stopped drinking one week ago, but it's hard when you are so bored. I'm a loner due to anxiety and I don't find much joy in hobbies anymore. I see people with youtube channels and think to myself "hey I should start one" but then I realize there's nothing exciting to post. Life!
Old 03-19-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi drunk gil
I think the best thing to do for now is tip out whats left...you can decide about rehabs, interviews and how you'll stay sober, tomorrow
Old 03-19-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I kind of hate myself right now . I'm also going to be drinking again tomorrow .
Here's a thought. Don't drink and work on liking the person you are. You deserve it.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Getting sober requires some kind of action on your part. Wishing for it isn't enough. I know, I tried it for years.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome back drunkgirl. Nothing is too drastic when it comes to saving your life. When I was at the same point you are at now, my plan was give AA a solid 30 days. If I didn't see progress then I was going to do 30 day in patient program. AA has been my program and solution so far. You can do this and you deserve sobriety along with a happy fun life. DON'T DRINK and GET to some meetings. Everything will fall into place once you get happy and sober. Many prayers