Notices

Being sneaky

Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Question Re:Being sneaky

Thanks hendrixstrat for the topic.

It was kind of hard not to notice. All those empty bottles and that strange smell resonating from mouth wasn't easy to hide. When that stale stench of last night’s alcohol lingers past anyone, people will take notice -just give them time.

What worried me the most, though, was the amount of alcohol I actually drank. I spent weeks clearing out my pad, and with good reason. It took me quite a long time just to get rid of all those empty bottles. I found bottles half empty and some completely full -Go figure. I could always find the empty ones but not the full ones. Here's the kicker...I lived alone, so why hide them to begin with. Can you say Freak...

Thank God, I don't have those worries anymore. I hope everyone enjoys what's coming to us in sobriety, since most of us missed out on all those blessings because of our drinking.

~God Bless~

Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yea. I used to hide it from my wife. I'd tell her I was going to a friends house and Instead I would go to a bar and get hammered. It was a lot of work to keep up with the lies. A lot of guilt too.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't know what was more of a high, the drinking or the thought of sneaking around. I had so many little make-shift cubby holes and hiding places. I don't have any kids, just my room mate. I could go days without seeing anyone but my room mate. I thought I hid it from him. I was wrong. I sleep on a pull out couch, I had so many empty bottles hidden there when I cleaned out my "stash". Also tampon boxes, my panty drawer, my pets bedding box. All the places I knew my room mate would never go near. How dumb I was to think he wouldn't look in those places first when he knew what was happening.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

I would refill empty mouthwash bottles with vodka and blue food coloring and keep two or three bottles under my counter in the bathroom cause my wife never touched the stuff.

The drinking problem however, I could hide from others (I thought), but never from myself.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

I never hid bottles because I was terrified I'd forget about them and the hubby or kids would find them. I would sneak into the kitchen and shotgun a couple of drinks then walk out with one in my hand as if it was the first. I would also buy alcohol when no one was home to replenish the supply and make it seem like I wasn't drinking that much. I would also buy boxed wine to refill actual bottles and toss the box before anyone got home...yup, LOTS of crazy sneaking around
Old 05-12-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Yep. I did the hurry up and go to the store and replenish the bottle before being found out. I would lay awake at night hoping I wouldn't get caught. The funny thing, I would end up drinking it anyway and kept having to replenish the same bottle over and over again. I would drink a bottle of wine, fill it with water and add yellow food coloring, Chardonnay, you know. At gatherings, I too did the guzzle and refill trick. I once had a box of wine and drank a better part of it. The wine was for a party we were having. I made up the story that the bag sprung a hole. I filled pitchers up with the remaining wine. In my mind no one could gauge how much of the box I had actually drank with the wine no longer being in the box. I also hid bottles when I lived alone. It is strange how the alcoholic mind works. I got so tired of trying to keep one step ahead, but knowing I wasn't fooling anyone, especially myself.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

^^^I tried the food coloring and water thing too and it ended up looking like water and food coloring lol. My fix? I started buying the darker wine bottles that way you couldn't really see what was in it...wow, so much work just to drink not to mention all the guilt and shame that went with knowing how out of control I was getting
Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Matt M

A good thing for me now is that I still live at home with my parents and they know EVERY SINGLE PLACE that I used to hide bottles.
Honestly, if I started drinking heavily again I can not think of a single place I could hide a bottle without it being found.