Notices

Worst Hangover

Old 04-06-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My worst hangovers were the fear of them, so I would keep on drinking. Afraid to stop because I knew what was going to happen. Drank for days. Morning till I passed out and reached for the bottle and started again.

Run out of money and lay in bed all day sick, mind racing, heart beating wildly. Pathetic.

What a life. I hope to never relive it.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I didn't get hangovers so much as I would feel the numbness in my body, usually my legs wear off around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, and then realized I had still been drunk from the night before. I think I learned to go to bed with a very large glass of water on the nightstand when I was in college. Still do it today. I have had hangovers, but not the gut-wrenching kind since jr high school. I guess I just learned to go through life like the walking dead. Maybe that's why it still feels like my brain is pickled after 28 days clean. I have had headaches and lived in a bubble for sometimes days at a time from mixing my alchohol with all kinds of drugs. Once I passed out at a friends house for two days after alcohol and quaaludes. I also think I had a heart attack while tripping once in high school. Every time I get a physical and EKG, the doctor asks when I had my heart attack and that is the only time I can think it might have happened. I am lucky to be walking this earth today.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Worst hangover? Can't remember!

I do know that I've never had a good hangover though ;-)
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My worst hangover is looking at the wreckage of my past and realizing that I caused it.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SixStringZen View Post
Toward the end, I was nostalgic for hangovers...a headache and a rumbly gut...ha, child's play! My hangovers had long since transitioned into withdrawals...
couldn't have said it better! I do not miss a day of it!! 39 days and counting