Notices

Worst Hangover

Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worst Hangover

Im just sitting here after almost 2 weeks of sobriety. The one thing I definately do NOT miss is the hangovers. I was daydreaming about my worst hangovers (maybe day-nightmaring). Anyone care to share their stories?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ugh, the last 5 years of my drinking career was spent either 1/2 tanked or fighting some form of a hangover, something I'm now trying to forget to be honest with you.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I had the one where I woke up in jail using a bologna sandwich as a pillow, then the one where I woke up and realize I got all my front teeth knocked out the night before, or the 10 plus times I woke up to realize I forgot to use the restroom or the time I was woke up by my wife because she didn't recognize me in bed because I let my 13 year old shave my head the night before or the time I woke up and couldn't find my car......all of these things accompanied the worst headache, dry mouth (especially when I lost my teeth), aches and pains and alcohol stench etc.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I only had a few hangovers at the end of my drinking career. I wish I had gotten them from the start I might not have developed a problem because they suck...I just had dry heaving and feeling crappy for a day. That happened twice and the second time was the day I quit.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
Well I had the one where I woke up in jail using a bologna sandwich as a pillow, then the one where I woke up and realize I got all my front teeth knocked out the night before, or the 10 plus times I woke up to realize I forgot to use the restroom or the time I was woke up by my wife because she didn't recognize me in bed because I let my 13 year old shave my head the night before or the time I woke up and couldn't find my car......all of these things accompanied the worst headache, dry mouth (especially when I lost my teeth), aches and pains and alcohol stench etc.
You win! I have had some extremely negative experiences, but not that extreme. I am glad from the bottom of my heart that you are sober. You definately deserve it!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fetal position as reaction to hangover depression. Will never forget that. Never been like that before or after, thankfully.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

waking up with dried vomit in my hair...my entire body hurt so bad. i could barely get up to wash it out. those were the days.....sheesh
Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow where to start with the hangovers, too many to mention. All the strange places i woke up with no recollection of how I got there.

My car 50 miles from home
the back yard
with two fleshy women in an apartment complex
on a boat
in my kids crib

The worst hangovers depended upon the drink of choice;

Draft Beer and cheap tequila in college
Mad dog wine
Sweet shots after a 12 hour vodka binge
Sambuka shoots after Red wine at dinner

Don't miss any of that at all,
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Hangover? What is a Hangover? OH I had a few in my early drinking days, but I solved the problem ................. I kept booze in my sytem 24/7 and didn't have any more hangovers.

That is until my stopping cold turkey, ending up in the ER the next morning, going into seizures, heart stopping, getting heart started, seizures would start, heart would stop, and in the afternoon at 4:28pm they were writing the T.O.D on my chart after a last heart stoppage that lasted 30 minutes when my heart started on its own.

This all happened, btw almost 30 years ago now and I have stayed sober since.

So ................ was that a hangover? I don't know. I just know I died to get here and there is nothing on this green earth that will ever be reason enough for me to submit and become a slave again to King Alcohol.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
orangutan

Laurie - congratulations on 30 years
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Y'all, the imagery in your posts makes the mommy in me want to take each one of you in my arms and try and soothe you and tell you it's gonna be OK.

To me, my entire drinking career was just all one big ugly hangover I never want to revisit.

Much love.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

my worst hangover was me waking up with a very fragile heartbeat after drinking too much jack daniels the prior night. It was an effort just to breathe and my body was no doubt very badly poisioned, It was 6 years ago and the first time I began to pour bottles down the sink instead of into a glass. Thanks for helping me remember why I quit
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Laurie...nice post. 30 yrs..
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

RE:Worst Hangover

Worst hangover? I forgot where I left the car. yikes....
Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

2008: A friend of mine had moved, and I decided that I was so sad that I was going to go bar hop. Went to one bar, drank a few and then left. Got back in my car, endangered myself and other people and went to another bar. Drank a few and then got back in my car, endangered myself and other people and got on the interstate. Got off and went to another bar. Drank a few and then went home and blacked out. Next mroning, I found out that I called up a friend crying, passed on the porch stairs, woke up, urinated all over myself and then went to bed.

September 10: Drank lots of vodka. Decided to risk my life and go out and buy some more. Passed out on the couch. Woke up the next morning with a diaper on. Went inot the bathroom threw up the cherry vodka that I had drank. All of it. Some of it was even in my nose. Sat in the shower for 30 minutes with it going. Gout and tried to eat and couldn't. Tried to sleep and couldn't. Finally my alarm went off. It's 3:00. Time to get ready for work. Crap.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I wouldn't even know where to start. Reading all of this makes you remember how awful the drinking lifestyle is. I don't miss any of it. Being sober is so much better!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Hangover? What is a Hangover? OH I had a few in my early drinking days, but I solved the problem ................. I kept booze in my sytem 24/7 and didn't have any more hangovers.

That is until my stopping cold turkey, ending up in the ER the next morning, going into seizures, heart stopping, getting heart started, seizures would start, heart would stop, and in the afternoon at 4:28pm they were writing the T.O.D on my chart after a last heart stoppage that lasted 30 minutes when my heart started on its own.

This all happened, btw almost 30 years ago now and I have stayed sober since.

So ................ was that a hangover? I don't know. I just know I died to get here and there is nothing on this green earth that will ever be reason enough for me to submit and become a slave again to King Alcohol.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Wow! You are a true inspiration. Thank you.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The one after being in AA, means it's probably a good program, ha!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Toward the end, I was nostalgic for hangovers...a headache and a rumbly gut...ha, child's play! My hangovers had long since transitioned into withdrawals...
Old 04-06-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I wasn't getting headaches or throwing up after awhile...even when blacking out...

My worst hangovers w/ headaches were towards the beginning of my drinking...