Notices

And on a lighter more positive note.....

Old 03-25-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And on a lighter more positive note.....

I had a letter on Wednesday offering me the job I've been desperate to get for the past 6 months, been a long process, often through hazy eyes and BS but I got there somehow.
And I sat down to an email last night from my partner, we are separated due to my drinking but she has faith I can leave it behind. She tells me she loves me and has been thinking of me every day and night. She sends me kisses from her and my daughter and can't wait until I am clear and we can be a family again, without my other love, the bottle.
Why I felt I deserved a drink tonight I don't know, everything went from the absolute bottom last week, to more positives than I could have ever dreamed to now.
I'm upset I convinced myself I deserved a drink, but won't let it take to much away from all the positivity and love I'm being shown.
Life is just a crazy place sometimes, I like it when it is nice to me though, I hope it continues.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What great news! What good reasons NOT to take a drink!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It can and probably will continue if you will put in the effort. You have so many reasons to get your chit together. Please, find an AA meeting and go. Keep going. You need some face-to-face support. You came way too close today to having everything blow up in your face.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you love your daughter, your partner and yourself....remember that and keep it close to you if you think you can go back to drinking.

congrats on the new job....think how awesomely impressive you can be fit and sober!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

hope this will be your final go around with booze...