Notices

Sad.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad.

I haven't posted in while but I was almost three months sober until tonight. I'm really upset because I lasted so long without relapse. I feel like scum, and I don't know how I'm going to wake up in the morning and feel like I shouldn't drink because I feel so ashamed of myself right now. I just had that little voice in my head that told me drinking would be a good idea and I wish it would have gone away.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Krang, are you following any program or method of recovery? Are there people in your life you can reach out to and call when these thoughts creep in? I hope you are not trying to go this alone. In my experience, attempting continued sobriety on my own was not successful, no matter how I tried or thought I was trying.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to hear that Krang.

I think sunrise has some excellent suggestions
What can you change or add to what you've been doing so far?

D
Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Re:Sad

Welcome back Krang...

We all make mistakes, Krang, so stop beating yourself up. Any interruption in our sobriety should be viewed as a "temporary setback" -nothing more.

Anyone can achieve lasting sobriety, Krang, one day at a time; So, don't give up on yourself -not just yet.

Allow the voice of AA and this forum, guide you through those process of reclaiming your life -one day at a time. Your worth it..........

~God Bless~

Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its best to look at it like you took a break between drinks...if you have done tangable work in a program of recovery over the last 3 months to effect a drastic personality change which will mean you will recover from alcoholism (thats a mouthful!) then i would say speed the process up as you may have been dragging your feet a bit (in AA work through the steps straight away with a sponsor in order to effect a spiritual awakening)...

I drank again many times before getting into recovery, staying dry from 3 months to a year...i always looked for people that were staying dry without any form of effort of inner change whatsoever and it didn't work for me...i had to go to AA in the end...

The feelings of guilt and being scum etc are self pity obviously, maybe when you snap out of it again, which you will, go and get some help?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Krang, Thank you for being honest, it takes a lot of courage to come on here and post your relapse. And although you may have lost your sobriety time, you did not lose your recovery time. I had 82 days and recently relapsed and I feel sad too. We can start day one together tomorrow, March 25th, we can share clean dates and celebrate milestones together, what do you say? We will check in with one another and stay clean

Hang in there,
Stacy
Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Krang,

Don't beat yourself up so badly. I've done the same a couple of times before - that little voice can be horribly convincing... For me, getting back on track quickly made all of the difference the last time around. The less I drifted, the less distance there was to get back to shore (and less damage done). A drink might be tempting tomorrow morning, but it will do nothing but perpetuate the madness. Hope you feel better.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It was a slip- as long as it stops here. Don't let feeling ashamed be a reason to keep drinking- three months is great! This may be a bump in the road, but just keep going. As long as you don't drink again, you are sure to reap the benefits of an alcohol free life. Don't see it as throwing away three months- you still have those three months- now work on the next three and so on.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Krang....print out your original post on this thread and next time you have the urge to drink.....READ IT! One night of drinking does not cancel out three months of recovery. It is a process that is full of trial error for most.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR.....
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. I'm feeling much better today and looking ahead to the future.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Krang it doesn't matter dude. What matters is that you have the sack to ante up again. Eye of the tiger baby