Notices

Recovery Podcasts?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery Podcasts?

I'm wondering if anyone here has good recovery/sober podcasts to recommend. I am a huge podcast listener as I walk to work everyday, run regularly, and also do a fair amount of driving for work. So having a good podcast is a must for listening during all this down time. Having a good recovery podcast to listen to while walking to work in the morning is a great way to start the day. A couple of podcasts I really like are the Online Recovery Support podcast, which is a great all around wellness and recovery program, and I also like Just For Today, which focuses specifically on alcoholism and AA (though I think this program may have ended as no more new shows have been put out in months).

Are there other good recovery oriented podcasts out there people would recommend?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here be a bunch from another board...

Websites with AA Speaker tapes, etc - Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I've got you dog......

AA Speaker Tapes : Listen To Alcoholics Anonymous Speakers

podcast with about 300 - 400 talks. I haven't heard ALL of them yet but I have listened to most of them. I only found a couple that bored me......a TON that I liked..... a lot that I loved......and probably 30 or 40 that blew me away.

If you identify some speakers you really like and want to hear more of them, wander over to XA-Speakers - The lights are on! and do a search on the speaker you're interested in. XA has a HUUUUGE database, but you have to know who you're looking for.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those are some great resources. Thanks so much! Should keep me occupied for a long time.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The Recovery Effect

I really enjoy The Recovery Effect Podcast with Bill Vineyard. It's all about addiction and alcoholism and you can find it on iTunes, Stitcher, and a few other places, so pretty easy to access.

Episodes at 15-30 minutes long and jam packed with info you'll chew on all day. Lots of smart stuff and pretty funny/enlightening stories. Great for anyone who wants to strengthen their sobriety.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Soidog - I'm the STBXW of an AH and I love podcasts too. I take loooong walks and listen to podcasts and I'm always looking for new content. I like listening to the Mental Illness Happy Hour. Some of its episodes are about addiction and recovery. I used to occasionally listen to Sober Guy Radio, but I haven't in a while. I also listen to Rich Roll. Rich Roll is mainly about self improvement but there are some episodes that deal with addiction and recovery. I believe he is a 12 stepper.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

I like HOME Podcast, although it covers more than just recovery.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like Since Right now. It's 3 guys with years of sobriety. INterviews, discussions, good stuff.