Notices

the dreaded day

Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

the dreaded day

today is the dreaded day when I have to put my darling jack russell, Suzie, to sleep. She is totally paralyzed in the back legs. This has occurred gradually since September last year. It has been horrendous looking after her but I love her so much I cannot bear to be parted from her.

Last night I was sorely tempted to take a drink. I went and bought a bottle of wine, intending only to drink a couple of glasses to make me feel better, but, my daughter came down and said "Mum, why are you taking a bottle of wine?" I just stood there and panicked and didn't know what to say other than "because I have a bottle of wine, does not mean I am going to drink it". I didn't drink it. I am glad I didn't. I hope and pray that I don't drink tonight.

Today I my darkest hour and pray to God that he will help me through this terrible time xx
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lillyknitting - I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Suzie. It is a horrible
situation that you are facing today and my heart goes out to you. Any words
that I can manage to come up with just isn't going to make it better.

Please know that I am thinking of you right this minute and hope and pray right along with you. Please DUMP that wine and stay sober. You can do it. Honor yourself, Suzie and your daughter by staying on course
with your recovery. (((Hugs))) for you.

mtnmagic
Old 03-11-2011, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's so hard on us to say goodbye to a beloved animal friend. You and Suzie are in my prayers for peace.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry about Suzie. I know how hard this decision is and nothing will make it better, no words that I might say, no liquid in a bottle. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for you! We have a 2 year old JRT.. I can only imagine what your going through... You'll be in our prayers.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers it really is reassuring to know you are all with me xx
Old 03-11-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Never an easy decision. You have to do one of the hardest things a pet owner can do, and the most courageous--You will compassionately end the suffering of a beloved pet. This will ease her suffering. Time will heal your grief.

My thoughts go out to you.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

hope this helps...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Heathen

So sorry about Suzie
Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

thanks Carol that was fantastic xx this morning the vet and nurse came and it was the most amazing experience if there is such a thing in letting a loved pet go!! she is now in peace running over those hills, thank you everyone