Notices

Worst hangover?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
Baby Duck wine? Really. wtf. Never heard of it before..
Think of the cheapest, sweetest sparkling wine with the highest alcohol content that high school kids get drunk on...that'll give you the idea.

Murray
Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OK - this one wasn't technically my worst, but it's kind of funny. I was out at a bar with a couple friends on Halloween once and I got trashed to the point that I was randomly grabbing other people's drinks off tables and downing them. I don't remember that at all -this was just according to my friends.

Anyway, I woke up in the morning not knowing where the hell I was with a weird pain in my side for some reason. The reason was that I had passed out on the floor on top of a RUBIK'S CUBE. Threw up for 10 hours that day.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
I've had many wicked hangovers but at some point I didn't get them anymore....

My hangovers had somehow morphed into full blown withdrawls ...every time.

Whenever I stopped drinking I was the star of my own personal horror show.
I know what you are saying when you say your own personal horror show. Alcohol withdrawals are terrifying. The fear can't even be put into words...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I always had horrendous hangovers that lasted 24-48 hours which is why I rarely drank 2 days in a row, my head would be pounding sound and light were paralyzing and my insides would feel like there was a thousand sharp dangers poking me from my insides out. I would start drinking around 5 on Friday and drink till I passed out (often not until 5 the next morning) then I'd spend all day Saturday in bed, maybe have a few glasses of wine Saturday night then spend all day Sunday in bed. My body was telling me for many years that it didn't like alcohol, I didn't listen, what a waste.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Computer Surgeon

It's good for me to think about this kind of stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

I kind of stopped getting hangovers in the pure sense of the word, as my binges would last days, not hours. I'd wake up - sometimes on the floor, sometimes in a strange house - shaking violently. Frantically I'd search for whatever alcohol was around. I'd drink it and the binge would keep on going. This usually lasted for about 3 days. I usually remembered the mornings, but after a while my actions would fade into a gray sort of haze; a half-reality of repeated motions that inevitably become a full-fledged blackout after about early evening. Oblivion was mine.

Then I'd wake up and do it all over again.

It got to the point that on any given weekend I could end up in the hospital once I tried to dry out for work on Sunday. My BP would be through the roof; heart palpitations; unbelievably bad panic and anxiety; auditory and sometimes visual hallucinations; really scary stuff.

And you know how I know I'm alcoholic? If I don't keep myself active in my recovery, if I don't keep that daily reprieve alive, every day, my brain tells me that drinking sounds like a really good idea. Insanity!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Ive had so many and theyre all near death but I think the worse one is when I went for an innocent lunch with friends, ended up drinking more in pub with different friends, then onto another pub with further different friends. Cant remember but left my keys at a friends house and couldn't get in my house, the cab driver drove me to the police station coz I didn't have enough cash to pay him, that fare ended up costing £40.......don't remember how it came to that much, and on and on and on, horrendous and never want to repeat them. Its wonderful waking up without a hangover from hell, not remember what I said, who I upset, what I did etc etc etc xx
Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sick doctor

Hallucinations were always my worst. Floating heads, wave patterns, coloured lights, shapes forming into animals.

This was with alcohol and nothing else...

The puking and throbbing headaches were par for the course, unfortunately, and I could put up with them.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Computer Surgeon

Originally Posted by Tomsson View Post
Hallucinations were always my worst. Floating heads, wave patterns, coloured lights, shapes forming into animals.

This was with alcohol and nothing else...

The puking and throbbing headaches were par for the course, unfortunately, and I could put up with them.
This is my experience as well.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My worst hangover was one of my first - in high school I woke up on Saturday evening at 7:00 pm lying on the floor in my new house. I was carried home unconcious Friday night and I stayed passed out all Friday night and through the day Saturday as the moving people came and moved everything out around me, and my parents brought me to my new house and I woke up there.

And then I still was drunk and had the dry heaves all Saturday night. And then the hangover really began on Sunday with the headache and so on.

I really should've been taken to the hospital on Friday evening. My mother was up with me the whole night taking my pulse. It must have been brutal for her, but I think that she was too ashamed to take me to the hospital. Maybe I'm wrong there? Anyway, she was doing the best she could and her heart was in the right place.

Anyway, worst hangover. Waking up in new house and not remembering moving. Throwing up in my new house in a bucket in my brand new room. Gross.

SO GLAD to be free from all the insanity that comes with drinking, dramatic stuff and non-dramatic stuff.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This has been a really good thread to read. Hangovers.... ugh! I have always suffered with hangovers, I don't even have to drink much to cause me a headache and **** the next day. But geez I have had some doozies. I would be physically sick for about 3 days and then incredibly depressed and suicidal until my next binge... So many times I remember sitting in the shower spewing all over myself, not a pretty sight. I definitely DON'T miss the hangovers thats for sure.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have also had so damn many, hard to choose...but one in particular comes to mind. Had a new boyfriend I was really crazy about and went to a friends BBQ one Saturday night. I was so happy that night, I just drank super fast an one hr into it, complete blackout. He was pretty unhappy with me, but did i stop? No. That crap makes me sick....being so out of control just kills me, totally.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Same here - hangovers eventually turned into withdrawls as my drinking progressed.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My worst ever I suddenly awoke one Saturday morning blissfully unaware. Then in an instant it hit me. I shot out of bed holding my hands to my head in fear. "Oh my God, what happened last night!". I shook my wife awake pleading with her to tell me "How bad was I?"

Adrenaline pumping in my veins and my head pounding all she said was "Holy ****, Dave...".

I had been in a complete blackout. I remember picking up a 5th of Jack at the liquor store Friday evening on my way home from work. We had plans to go out to dinner with her parents that night and I started drinking heavily well before we left. The bottle was now on the kitchen counter, empty.

I only had vague recollections of the night, the details of my behavior had to be filled in by my wife. I drove, getting the car up to 100mph in a residential neighborhood, wife and our then 3 year old daughter crying for me to stop. Somehow we arrived at the in-laws house without me getting a DUI. I have no recollection of how I then drove to the restaurant.

At the restaurant, I am told I seemed fine until I excused myself to go to the bathroom and walked outside. I pulled it out and took a wizz in a flowerbed in full view of diners with a window table.

My poor wife, horrified ran outside and got me into the car and returned inside to finish dinner with her parents. Now they were aware "something was wrong". She and her parents must have been humiliated.

After they finished dinner, they returned to the car to find me covered from head to toe in mud. Seems I left the car and managed to slide down an embankment face first I guess.

Father-in-law drove my car back to our house and apparently I vomited out the window much of the way home. The car was a mess the next morning.

It wasn't the first time they witnessed me intoxicated, but I think it was the first time they realized I had a problem. I spent the rest of the weekend hanging like a dog. I still have guilty feelings about that night, one of my worst ever, in public anyway.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justdave View Post
After they finished dinner, they returned to the car to find me covered from head to toe in mud. Seems I left the car and managed to slide down an embankment face first I guess.
Not every time, but more times than I would like to admit. An innocent evening of drinking evolved into a really strange night.

There have been many times that I have remembered what I was doing and who I was with at 1:00am or 2:00am in the morning and how that was so far from what I intended or thought my evening would be.

When I drank by myself I seemed to keep it together better. If I was with other people that drank heavily, there was no telling what I might be saying or doing in the early hours of the morning.

I don't miss the terrible decisions that go along with that type of lifestyle. I feel enlightened and empowered to be sober. Not everyone gets to see what life is like on this side of the tracks.

One day at a time, I keep moving forward into my new life without hangovers, guilt, shame, embarrassment, pain, illness, sadness, depression and alcohol.

I like this song and it is appropriate for what I am feeling right now...
YouTube - Matt Skiba - Good ******* Bye
Old 03-11-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Waking up on the subway bright and early one morning at the exact stop I'd boarded at roughly 6 hours earlier. Had accidentally passed out on the way home the night before, and apparently ridden the train back and forth all night long... And had to go straight to the office, same clothes as the day before, for a huge meeting. Later had to explain to my then husband why I hadn't made it home. So many more instances come to mind, but the central feeling was the same each time - the jarring, sickly jolt of waking into a new definition of chaos, curious but terrified to peek around the corners or solicit eyewitness accounts, and hair of the dog to work thru the pain. Some of the worst times of my life.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

That is exactly what was happening to me in the end. I was going through full blown withdrawal from one night of hard drinking even after being being clean for a week or two at a time, it was horrifying, I really was in a living hell. Anyone know any more about this, or why that happens?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dairo View Post
That is exactly what was happening to me in the end. I was going through full blown withdrawal from one night of hard drinking even after being being clean for a week or two at a time, it was horrifying, I really was in a living hell. Anyone know any more about this, or why that happens?
A few years back, I started drinking heavily again after having been sober for almost 2 months, I remember feeling like hell every morning, real bad. Sick, shaky, the works. It took maybe a week or so for my body to re-adjust to the 'norm' of drinking daily again.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I VERY rarely got hangovers after a certain time. I'm like Hooped--I had withdrawals, not hangovers.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dairo View Post
This seems to be the exact same case for me the word hangover doesnt even come close
Old 03-12-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

To be honest, I usually didn't get hangovers.

I had some good no hangover genetics

However, when I did get hangovers they were REALLY BAD!

Like I just wanted to die.