Notices

Happy Sunday.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday.

I have been cutting back on the alcohol intake. Not perfect, but better and moving towards total cessation. Even this seems to have improved my appearance just a bit- I may be fat but d*** my skin looks good. Yesterday I walked a couple of miles and ate soup and fruit. The only challenges to weight loss are that I get out of work very late sometimes and that my neighbor hood is extremely dangerous (gang bangers, shooting, etc.) so walking, my favorite and most effective form of exercise- is a tough one. Last night, against better judgment I walked home after work at about 12:0 a.m. but I needed it. I'm a bit concerned as I am weaning off my anxiety med and summer is around the corner- the neighborhood gets really bad in the warmer months. Lots of shootings. I've seen a kid pull out a gun and shoot into a crowd of other kids, my friends in the neighborhood have seen people get shot. So heightened fear of very real circumstances and weaning off the anxiety med could put me in a very bad place. I still haven't had any luck in finding a job that would allow me to move away from this. Have a great Sunday, hope you are well. I am watching the Oscars with a friends tonight, which will be really nice.. so who are you rooting for?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, Sleepie. I really hope you get a job and can move soon.

The only Oscar-contender I saw was True Grit. The kid in that movie deserves an award in my opinion--surrounded by Hollywood heavyweights, she just owned every scene. Not sure if she's even nominated though... I don't have a TV so I can't tune in to find out!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi! Have you ever heard of Leslie Sansone's walk-at-home DVDs? They are a safe alternative to walking outside. I think they're awesome! I used them and a reasonable diet for a year and lost a lot of weight.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No but I am going to look into it! I have a little mini stepper I'm going to put to use too, I got it really cheap.