Notices

Gaga's Drunken Diet Secret: Whiskey

Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gaga's Drunken Diet Secret: Whiskey

(Newser) – Ever wonder the secret to Lady Gaga's killer abs? No? Well, it's a little something she likes to call "the drunk diet," reports the New York Daily News. "I like to drink whiskey and stuff while I'm working." But it's not all boozy fun: "I've got to work out every day, and I work out hung over if I'm hung over." And parts of her regimen are quite conventional, says the fame monster. "I have to say, I do a ton of yoga."
I've been on that diet before. I wonder why I ended up in rehab????

Oh, yea, and doing yoga with a hangover is absolutely fabulous, it just transcends me into another world.:crazy
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sends a great message to all the 13 yr old girl fans she has doesn't it.

Steve
Old 02-23-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

She also smokes a lot of pot (or so she said on 20/20 or one of those).

Eh though. She's a rockstar. Not responsible for raising my children
Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, I saw this and wondered if it would be posted on here.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not so much she who is to blame as much as the way it's being reported. Celebrities and non-celebrities alike seem to use alcohol as a more acceptable habit more and more these days, it pisses me off an amount as an alcoholic but I understand that for the vast majority it is just that, a joke, a substance that can be taken and left. I can guarantee that if she had said "the cocaine diet" she'd have been condemned to a corner.

As the awareness of alcoholism grows, I think it would benefit to have the media and show business industry to perhaps tone down the glorified nature of alcohol. Sure, for most it's a few beers to loosen up, a glass of champagne at the party, but for a percentage of youth who are susceptible to this acceptable way of living will invariably be damaged.

It always makes me roll my eyes at the vilification of tobacco and drug taking in this day and age as opposed to alcohol as a social acceptance, and I'm not talking about people who drink in moderation, then again what is alcohol moderation? I'm sure there are many closet alcoholics who will continue down the acceptable road yet.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

She is the product of a corporation. She just didn't find fame but was 'made.'

There are certain things rock stars do and drinking has to be one of them to be famous.

It's a shame millions of young kids will now think drinking hard liquor is fine for a great body. Nothing like being hung over while your blood pressure is high and going to the gym almost having an aneurysm!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How old is she? 23-24? see what she looks like in 10 years if she keeps up the drunk diet.

being a star doesn't mean you are not susceptible to the same damage the rest of us get from drinking, smoking and toxins. it just means she can afford more detox.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
How old is she? 23-24? see what she looks like in 10 years if she keeps up the drunk diet.

being a star doesn't mean you are not susceptible to the same damage the rest of us get from drinking, smoking and toxins. it just means she can afford more detox.
I bet she doesn't drink as much as they make it out to be. having a great body isn't easy and we know how hangovers are. I doubt she puts herself through it. it's probably an advertising campaign to 'fit' the image and also to lobby more sales of alcohol amongst the corporations.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lady Gaga isnt a product of a corporation. I've heard that before but haven't seen any evidence of it.

This makes me sad because she is an extremely gifted artist and I would hate to see her fall to substance abuse, but it sounds like she's already at risk.

Her music isn't written for 13 year olds and I don't think she should be a role model for them...anyone who listens to the lyrics of her music would not let a 13 year old listen to her. IMO
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've heard it all before and seen it all before in relation to musos and drinking and drugs and people in general. The majority really don't take it to the excess that much, the ones that did are dead or going down that way fast. I only really met 2 people who drank anything like I did, and even then they weren't drinking to the same level with the same disastrous consequences. Most people ain't alkies and addicts and that's fine, if they are then they'll ultimately lose everything and die young, which incidentally I used to find somewhat alluring too, as like I say it's all part of the live fast die young ethos that went hand in hand for drinking, drugging, gigging, music, life in general for me.

I only got sober because I'm an alcoholic, no other reason. I ain't got a problem with anybody else drinking or drugging.

Peace
Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mehh..really? I don't believe it somehow. Or if it's true I admire her a helluva lot (bizarrely) The whisky diet just makes me want to lie down and listen to maudlin country and western.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i did the liquid whiskey diet before. i got to about 165 pounds and i'm 6'5". not a good diet to be on. i really hope she pulls it together. she is an extremely gifted artist and it saddens me to see her hurting her body like that.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Celebrity "news" has no bearing on lifes issues
unless you actually beleive in such comments...
Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Wouldn't it be great if the news people had the good sense to edit these comments out of the interviews, for the greater good of our youth?
I don't think its any celebrities job to raise my kids either, but the fact is, we arent with our kids 24/7, and peer pressure is hard enough, without stars glamorizing it.
Just my opinion.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

my 4 yr old grandaughter wants to marry Justin Bieber !!!! she didn't get THAT idea from anyone in our house, she heard it from other kids at her pre school!!!!! I didn't even know who he was until she brought it to my attention!!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sobriety date April 19th 2011

Gaga is a freak to be honest. Attention ***** with a capital W.

I really can't even stand to hear her speak. She may be a talented writer, but every time I hear her speak she reminds me of a a heroin addict begging for attention by seeing how "extreme" she can take it... "Gotta be different" is a sign of insecurity as far as I've lived and seen. Yet all of us addicts want to be accepted and "fit in "
Old 02-23-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Enoy View Post
Gaga is a freak to be honest. Attention ***** with a capital W.

I really can't even stand to hear her speak. She may be a talented writer, but every time I hear her speak she reminds me of a a heroin addict begging for attention by seeing how "extreme" she can take it... "Gotta be different" is a sign of insecurity as far as I've lived and seen. Yet all of us addicts want to be accepted and "fit in "
I know a limo driver that drove her once. He said she was the nastiest, most obnoxious person he has ever driven. Maybe she was drunk.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hmmmm...if you can't say something nice......?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lady Gaga is the biggest joke out there. She needs to get with her pal Charlie Sheen and go to a deserted island far far away. Everytime I see these famous people talk about boozing and how boring life is w/o drugs and booze, it just makes me sick to my stomach. I hope they go through half of what some of us have been through, then tell me how boring life is without that crap, tools.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I like her music, and if you've ever heard her interview, she seems like an intelligent person that can put a few words together.
Unfortunately, all those words aren't really appropriate for all audiences.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

she was on one of the late night shows last week....I like some of her music...it's a little copy-cat of madonna at times.

It's kind of hard to take her seriously when she's strutting around in flank steak and hatching out of an egg.....but 20 years ago people were outraged by Madonna's cone bra and Like a Virgin act on stage.

I did read that this summer she sent pizzas to all of her fans who were waiting on line all night to see her perform on the Today show? or something similar.

IDthink she's on the same level at old Charlie and hopefully never will be.