Notices

Discovering My Triggers

Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I haven't had a trigger in a long time..and I've come to realize for me it's my thoughts that can give me the urge to drink....Change your thoughts...Change your Life!! All the best to you!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ofr me I realized if I get a craving I can fight it easily unless I am stressed. In my case it is mostly emotional stress coming from work or a relationship. Tired, angry and hungry definitly also were hard for me to deal with and control my craving not giving into it. I learned over time to deal with thme. So now only the stress at work or relationships is still there. I now keep asking myself: If I m stressed at work or in the relationship, is it important to push torugh and get drunk afterwards or better just walk away and not finish the job or talk to the relationship person involved....
Old 02-24-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by lilac0721 View Post
Discovering My Triggers
It took me nearly 3 years to figure out my biggest trigger was abstinence. As long as I tried to manage my sobriety with abstinence, diligence and tenacity - my days were numbered.

It was not until I treated the root causes of my alcoholISM, that the obsession was removed and I found myself in a "position of neutrality, safe and protected."

Abstinence did not treat my alcoholISM , it was merely a stop-gap measure.