Notices

What a crazy week

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a crazy week

I haven't posted much lately, mainly just because I haven't had a whole lot to say...I've been doing good but kind of on that whole "auto-pilot" mode the past 6 months. Not "good" but not "bad" either...just kind of "there" ya know.

But just this week a few things have happened that have made me realize I need to be more appreciate for what I have and not take it for granted.

Monday, a good friend and fishing buddy I have known for the past 12 yrs his mom passed ( she was 60 yrs old). Then Wednesday another friend that I have known for the past 4 yrs, her mom has been battling throat cancer for the past 3 yrs, she passed (64 yrs old). Now today another friend that has been been in & out of the Hospital since Christmas with "unknown" health probs for the past 2 months tells me they found a mass on his right lung.

Just tonight it got me to realize....I still have my mom who turns 67 this May and in good health, I'm sober, and I need to be more appreciative of all that. Because there's times I feel down for myself (self pity) because I lost so many family members over the past decade (4 grandparents, 3 uncles, 2 aunts, my dad, and two cousins). But I should be more thankful for what I still have and not what I have lost.

I dunno, just been a long week and been tryin to find some good in it and wanted to share how I felt tonight I guess.

Steve
Old 02-11-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all those losses and illnesses, mate - I'm dealing with some similar things myself with friends and relatives...

I think maybe it's a characteristic of life we probably haven't faced too much, but will have to from about our age on, Steve...

It's good to see you back here reaching out tho, DW

D