Notices

Meditation & Recovery

Old 02-11-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
oak

Originally Posted by ste View Post
I have tinnitus, and sometimes focus on the ringing in my ears! It has become a quick way to begin, like a trigger ...
I love that!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ste View Post

I have tinnitus, and sometimes focus on the ringing in my ears! It has become a quick way to begin, like a trigger, but as of yet doesn't hold my mind very long. Back to practice...
Since last December 2010, I have that high pitch noise in my left ear. I believe it was brought on by the antibiotics I was given for sinus infection.

How do you live with that noise!!!!! It's been now almost 2 months!!!

I can't focus on it for meditation like you do cause it drives me crazy!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kiki - Just to let you know I had ringing in my ears after antiobotics. I ended up going to a ear, nose and throat docter and he gave me steriods to try to clear it up (he gave me no promises that it would work) and thank goodness they did. If you can go to an ENT I would highly recommend it.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kody99 View Post
Kiki - Just to let you know I had ringing in my ears after antiobotics. I ended up going to a ear, nose and throat docter and he gave me steriods to try to clear it up (he gave me no promises that it would work) and thank goodness they did. If you can go to an ENT I would highly recommend it.
thanks kody! my husband recommended the same. I'm going to do it.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post

How do you live with that noise!!!!! It's been now almost 2 months!!!
I have to, got my eardrum perforated about six years ago when "mugged' sitting on the beach, relaxing.

You're right, its high pitched, not your classic mantra; but its mine and I decided to use it.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I know, platitudes, platitudes.....

Hope steroids work for you. If not, you'll learn to ignore it, or maybe use it!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I practice "clear mind" meditation. it is the stop thinking kind. In the beginning I tried not to be attached to my thoughts. If a thought came up, I would not think about it further and let another thought come in to mind. After a wile I could experience my thoughts as coming and going. I also noticed there would be some clear of thoughts time between the coming and going of my mind. I started to nurture the clear time and it became a longer experience with practice.

Eventually I could sit with a clear mind, just experiencing my environment, internal as external; my breath, the weight of my body sitting, the ambient sounds around me, a breeze on my face and such.

The experience of meditation is worth the effort. Being able to calm the passing storms of my mind has added to the quality of my life.