Notices

Outpatient rehab..

Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Outpatient rehab..

If I can make it until Monday (I have not had luck since 2006 making it past Day 5 on my own), that will be 7 days and I can then fill out paperwork and enroll in an outpatient rehab here in my area. They have a reported 77% success rate with their program, but what's that statistic...67% of statistics are made up on the spot?
Anyways, the "success" rate aside, I want to get into an actual outpatient rehab program so I am asking for prayers and support you all can give (limited over the internet I know) to help me last through Monday.
Last night I finally went a night without night sweats AND nightmares, so that was quite a blessing. Thank you all for any insight you can offer me, aside what is here on this wonderful forum (and yes I have been through every awesome link listed on the "Detox" thread).
Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lotus, I don't know you, but if you want it bad enough, you will get where you need to be.

Best of luck my friend
Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You near Cincinnati?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Yup, I am in Cinci.
And thank you very much.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

My prayers will be going out for you tonight!
Best of luck!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

lotus, check pm

thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found my outpatient program to be tremendously helpful. It was nice to be able to look forward to going each evening and knowing I'd have some support as I got on my feet.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

I know it will. Just gotta get through tonight. Which is proving quite difficult.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Just keep thinking about how good you'll feel in the morning and hang out here (read, read, read!). It's uncomfortable, but the more time you put between now and the last drink, the easier it's going to get.

Be sure to eat- get something really tasty. And think about your goal, think about where you really want to be and make it happen. Don't give in to that insane voice that just wants you back in the bottle.

Stay strong!!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

I came out of a blackout one night realizing I had driven again, but this time I wrecked into another car. DUI #2 and totalled car #2.

Within a few days I was starting a 4 month outpatient rehab class, as well as getting a new sponsor in AA and starting 90 AA meetings in 90 days.

I was so fearful of my alcoholism, which I couldn't deny by this time. The gig was up, I failed once again at trying to control my drinking. I would only survive if I got help and never drank again.

Between the 4 months of outpatient therapy and 90 AA meetings in 90 days, the obsession to drink was removed. Fast forward to today, I'm still in AA, one step away from completing the steps, and it's working.

Outpatient therapy gave me the jumpstart I needed. AA gave me a lifetime of support and removed my obssesion to drink.

I'm not special. It can work for you too.

Best of luck. I know it's scary, but one foot in front of the other and be willing to follow direction from those who know something about being and staying sober.

Kjell
Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lotus, that offer is still open for tomorrow night at 8pm