Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I want to sop drinking except for one night a week

Notices

I want to sop drinking except for one night a week

Old 02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
The stress won't kill you, but alcohol will.

The good news is that unlike some diseases, there's treatment available for this. When you can't stop, it's time to give it up and get help........

I hope you realize soon that you don't deserve to live this way.
I can't help it, my problem is I get stressed out too easily and when I get stressed out I turn to alcohol. Why I do this, I don't know but I have no patience anymore which maybe to do with my previous drug abuse IDK..
Old 02-26-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
DukeFan

Smile Good Luck

I think that if you truly have a problem with drinking one night a week will not do, if you have a a problem you can't dabble with it. Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect far from it. But, if you want to stop then stop! Good Luck on your quest
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dukefan View Post
I think that if you truly have a problem with drinking one night a week will not do, if you have a a problem you can't dabble with it. Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect far from it. But, if you want to stop then stop! Good Luck on your quest
I dont want to stop completley as you can see from my thread. I want to have the freedom to choose to have a drink or not on a night out. I am sick of this place and biast views to be honest and don't seem to get the answers I need.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

What answers do you want?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chriss View Post
I dont want to stop completley as you can see from my thread. I want to have the freedom to choose to have a drink or not on a night out. I am sick of this place and biast views to be honest and don't seem to get the answers I need.

I wish I could manage it too. One drop sends me to the point of no return though. I sincerely hope everything gets better.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I don't know what you expected, Chris,

We can only relate our own experience, which is that moderation doesn't work for alcoholics and many seriously problematic drinkers.

We can't tell you something will work, or how to make it work, when our experience is that it doesn't.

Good luck to you, though.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chriss View Post
I've read your posts for a while, Chriss.

You want someone to tell you it's OK to have the "freedom" to drink occasionally?

You absolutely can - it is your life and your choice.

But...I am not sure why you keep coming back to an alcoholic's forum that you say you're sick of. You see, we alcoholics are going to keep telling you what you don't want to hear - biased views from decades of experience: If you are an alcoholic, you can not drink. Ever. Again. And, not only that, you have to figure out how to get to a different mindset in your life so you'll be OK with that.

Otherwise, you will always be a struggling alcoholic. That is reality and that's how it goes. Your choice, dude.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

HEEYYYYY Chris, LOL, I think we were twins separated at birth Look-it bud, your going to be OK no matter what you do. As the "intelligent species" we do some really stupid sh%t. The other side of that coin is we are also amazingly resilient ! We DO learn from our mistakes. That makes me one of the smartest SOBs around LOL. I'm getting in here late, but have read the entire thread. You sound JUST like me. As far as having a happy life ? Hang in there bud, you'll learn what you need to learn when you need to learn it.

I DO hope to keep hearing from you. Feel free to pm me if you want.

Ron
Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

True..very true. You will learn what you need to learn when you need to learn it! I agree..I haven't kept up with this thread. Took the time today to re-read and get caught up. I think you may need to go through it to get to the other side and finally "get it"...My worry is that you know you have a problem. You reach out then yank your hand back. I know every one learns in their own time. I just don't want to see another catastophic event happen. DUI..or the latest classic death of a friend. Passed out and choked on his vomit.
Please keep posting.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

chriss ....
SR is not for anyone interested in moderation.
you are correct...we are biased and no one
is ever going to tell you what you wish to hear.

Thanks everyone for shareing your experiences and thoughts.
Let's all go find someone who needs our support.

This thread is now closed.