Notices

Sober New Years Eve!

Old 12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober New Years Eve!

What's everyone doing tonight? I guess we're skipping out on the big American ritual of venturing out into the cold and getting wasted somewhere. I've never been a huge fan of New Years', so I guess I'm not missing it too much.

We're hanging out at home with pizza and other good food. Also picked up some diet root beer for the night. I'll probably watch some bad movies and try to make it until midnight.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My Wife is currently talking to her parents via her netbook pc as they are in Bulgaria and it is 2 am there. I just pan fried her some small fish called satza as a quick app and we have a bunch of other finger foods I will be preparing as the night rolls on.

My drink of choice right now is a nice cup of freshly ground coffee.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Painting my nails, watching some tv, staying out of the cold! Nye was almost always a messy let down for me. I'm happy to be a homebody tonight!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, nvrbeen! I will be having a sober New Year's Eve, although it will be at a big party at a close friend's house where just about everyone else will be drinking, so this will be the first real test for me here at Day 25. I'm not worried because I'm not going to drink today (or ever again, I hope, but I KNOW I'm not drinking today). I would prefer to stay home and order pizza as you're doing, but my friend would be very hurt. I have a few strategies for tonight:
-I'm taking a NA beverage I love, flavored sparkling water. It tastes good and it's fizzy like champagne, but I can drive home afterward!
-Taking my new camera and will be the official photog for the evening. Most of my friends will be so happy I'm taking pics that they won't notice I'm not drinking!
-Taking a tray of munchies that are diet-appropriate for me.
-I already drew my big blue circle on the calendar for today showing this as a sober day. NO WAY am I going back and crossing out that circle! :-)

If anyone asks, I'm going to say that since I've been low-carbing, drinking makes me sick (which is actually true)...I've got something fizzy to drink, something to keep my hands busy, excuse at the ready...I'm all set!

Best to everyone tonight! You'll all be in my heart.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PIZZA! Gawd, I love pizza!! Save me a slice.

Unfortunately, here in FL, its not as good as the real thing I was used to in NY. Some of it here, it's a sin what they do to it.

I have a large movie collection. Over 3,000. Many I haven't seen yet. I learned the only way to see some good movies is, ya gotta sit through some bad ones, too to get to them.

I don't make a big deal of NYE either. The disease doesn't take a holiday, so why should I?

But have a great day. And don't forget when writing out those checks. 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Doing nothing! I'll be sleeping by the time the ball drops, I chase around a very spirited 1 year old all day every day.. it's surprising if I'm still up at 10 lol. Plus, it's a whole 3 degrees here today, pure ice on the roads.. none of that for me, thanks. I'll stay cuddled up with hubby, baby, the two rotties and some fast food tacos and maybe a mindless show on TV before zonking out for the evening.

Be safe everyone!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My wife and I are staying home to monitor (not that we really need to) our 17 year old daughter's party in our basement. We have alot of teenager food and appropriate beverages for about 20 kids. They will make a lot of noise playing one of the latest dance video games, or Rock Band, which will help make sure that we will stay awake until midnight.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Plan A....attend my AA homegroup meeting and stay for the
fun party after..:

Scrubbed A....sinus infection has me feeling

Plan B....Come to SR and share with y'all

Happy New Year Everyone!
May we all find the serenity and joy of recovery
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think a big reason I never got a DUI or arrested was I drank alone on New Years for maybe the last 4 years. I knew it was going to be a black out excuse night and best to do it alone than with tons of people and cops out and about. So now the same just without drinking.

This is just college football bowl game day eve now.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love symbolism. So I cleaned out all the bad food in my fridge. Threw out a bunch of stuff. Cleaned. Put my favorite sheets on the bed. Deep conditioned my hair and exfoliated. So I've scrubbed away the last of the bad of 2010 and am ready to start 2011 clean as a new born babe
I do kind of wish I had fireworks...I can hear someone setting some off

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Carol

D
Old 12-31-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

In Scotland at the moment with my family. My parents went out to a party. I defiantly would have been fine to be around the booze but meh... couldn't get the energy worked up. So My sister and I stayed home had some food and watched how I met your mother... haha 2010 was sober front to back. Best year of my life. Again in 2011...

Haven't been around in awhile, but tonight seemed a appropriate time to log back on. Best wishes to everyone in their journey...

Clayton
Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Trying to stay warm...I live pretty close to Flutter..I think it is 12 degrees here now..earlier it was 3 below so this is a heat wave. Will be checking in off and on..Happy New Years everyone! I am excited for 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Went and saw a movie and then tried to go to a meeting but I was running late and the road was closed so now I am home and going to bed early I suppose. Oh well this is my second sober new years so I am happy about that. Wish I would have made it to the meeting and hung out with other alcoholics but it was last minute. Glad to hear others are sober tonight!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lf....excellent idea...I'm going to take your idea
to heart....:

Clayton...Welcome back
Old 12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sober New Years Eve, with family, coffee and cake.

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Watching a Movie with the wife and younger son, and will probably be in bed by 11PM, ready to get up tomorrow and start 2011 off healthy and right. (I really can't believe I'm gonna sit down and watch Marmaduke?!!). Happy New Year everyone, see you all on the other side.... sober!!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Marmaduke wasn't that bad...well ok it was bad, but my son and dog seemed to enjoy it!! Up at 6AM and walked the dog 4 miles with the wife in 35 degrees in Socal, then did an hour workout! What a great way to start the year!!

I feel refreshed and alive!!