Notices

1 week today!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 week today!

Hi all. It was a week ago today that I was hungover, ashamed, lost, hopeless, sad, embarresed, etc... Today I don't feel those things. I have gone back to AA, reconnected with my sponsor, and feel like I'm on the road to recovery. I am an alcoholic - no doubt about it. I have been going to AA for 3 years off and on (mostly off). I really am going to go to any length to assure my sobriety.

The reason for this post is two fold. 1. I am very proud of my week and VERY GRATEFUL for it. 2. To show anyone out there struggling that it is possible. I would put my obsession to drink against anyone out there. If I can do it, so can you. I have a looooong way to go. But I will continue to force my actions to do the right thing. Even if I mentally don't want to do it. Like going to meetings, reading, participating in this site, working out, etc... If I am left alone to do what I want, I will self destruct. It's all about creating a new life.

As the saying goes, "Nothing changes, if nothing changes". I want to be sober. And I want my 30 day token more than you'll ever know. I have not been 30 days sober since I was 15. That was a looong time ago. Thank you everyone for support. There really is good in the world. A week ago I didn't see that.

Best of luck everyone!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Riding Barefoot

Way to go! You SHOULD be proud of your week. Welcome back to AA and keep going to those meetings. Today is my 11th day. I know what you mean... I haven't been 11 days sober since I can't even remember. Probably before I took my first drink. I want that 30 day token badly too!

Keep in touch!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Congrats to both of you guys.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've read your posts and watched your struggle and am soooo happy for you that you are going to AA. I have 80 days today and if it weren't for AA and this site, I'd still be drinking. Good for you, Reggie.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Reggie
You too DM!

D