Notices

I did the responsible thing

Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did the responsible thing

I followed my budget and was able to make all the payments except my property insurance. (Fingers crossed there won't be a fire there for another two weeks).
I made my bankruptcy payment, paid my mother, bought food and gas and minutes for my phone, paid my gym fees so that I can work on losing weight.
My problem is - this means, that I will have no money to drink. I don't have cravings. I'm glad that I won't have the money to drink as this means I have to stay sober for the next two weeks but I'm scared not to drink.
I have been sober here and there and it felt great. I paid a visit to the fabric store for the first time in months and saw so many fabrics that I would die for. I know that i would rather spend the money on fabric or save for another sewing machine (how i wish i hadnt sold it. that and my dress form).
I have two more payments and my bankruptcy will be discharged.
Anyway at the end od December I'll be able to pay for school so some evenings will be busy at least some of the time and I am looking into volunteering opportnities.
Im just talking. If spend the money on booze and dont have money for gas the week before payday I will be seriously pissed at myself.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for sticking to your budget and nearing the end of your bankruptcy!

It sounds like you've got the strength to get things done, which means you can do this not drinking thing, too. Thinking about how much money you save from not drinking sounds like a good plan. I've been trying to do that, too. Also, maybe make a list of free, non drinking things you can do to get through the next few weeks.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are really progressing in a positive manner. You sound like you've got it together. You know the priorities, and you seem like a smart cookie- I think you have what it takes to make the wisest decision.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That took guts. You fronted all of your money for necessities even though it left you nothing left for alcohol. That in itself was extremely courageous and I hope you give yourself a hug pat on the back!!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be proud of yourself for having gotten to the point where you are doing so well. It must have taken a lot of hard work and motivation to do that.

I love what you said about the beautiful fabrics, so try to keep that in your mind if you are feeling tempted to spend money on alcohol.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Beats the **** out of paying for an upset stomach, headache and dehydration doesn't it?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dismember

Just keep putting your foot down on that budget. Think about those fabrics when you think about a drink.

And don't just think about feeling bad if you did buy alcohol, don't forget to feel good because you aren't buying alcohol.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! You can do this!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

getting your financial house in order is a huge boost for yourself...your post title caught my eye and says it all....congrats!

and you are removing a lot of STRESS from your life by paying your bills. stress is a big trigger for drinking....count down the days until your bankr. is paid off and then you can enjoy the fabrics again.

(hospitals are always looking for volunteers, their a re lots of different options)