Notices

lovely

Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lovely

I just typed out a long message and I got logged out? NIICE :-P
Is there an idle time or what?

Frustrated now

Quick and to the point so I don't get logged out again.

7 days sober. First time in 12 years. Feel like I'm waking up out of a nasty dream or fog, it's surreal and actually very cool! I feel motivated.

3 years ago I had over 35 friends. Today, sober, I can count 1 friend, the rest take advantage of me and always have or have some agenda against me, or just drink a lot (and can somehow handle it).

Have peace, want to move forward in a career. Have direction.

But bored, lonely, extremely shy. Need hobby suggestions. Things to fill up my time and I'd like to meet people. I'm male, 30. Financial situation doesn't allow for expensive classes or hobbies.

Bars aren't a trigger, even though that sounds crazy. My jerk former friends were the trigger. I'd explain but I'll leave that for another time.

Things to do with my alone time would also help.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for a wonderful site. I wouldn't have had the courage to start this without it!!

Edit: I like to read books, watch movies, play video games, and I'm going to start whipping myself back into shape. Got a full gym at home that's been neglected. Well, I might try at least lol. I like to hang out at bookstores and window shop and not much else. I guess I like to cook once in awhile lol.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take the one friend and be a tourist in your area! Get all the info as if you are a backpacker.
Get board-games/cards etc. Where are your family? Reconnect with non drinking people. You probably have ignored people you would get on well with because you were boozing with your not so friendly "friends".
Tidy the house/apartment.
Pick the weeds! No, sorry, that is what my mother used to tell us when we were BORED!
Journal. Just start writing about everything. It is hilarious/interesting to read in a month or 2! Read everything here. All the old alcohol posts etc. That will take a month all by itself! Do give this your best shot. It will be so fun when you feel well and have money in your pocket. AA is a great way of meeting wacky smart people who are trying/succeeding in doing the same as you. Best of luck! Well done!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Volunteer!

It costs nothing, has nothing to do with alcohol, and you will meet some of the best people you could ever know. There is no reason to be bored. Look around your community and find out what you can do to make a difference.