Notices

Day 8 - A challenge & getting cold feet...

Old 12-01-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 - A challenge & getting cold feet...

Well, I've made it to Day 8, which is great but I'm finding today particularly challenging. We (my little one and my -abusive- partner) are snow bound at home and it looks like we will be again for at least another day. I cannot get to work (my escape) and was so, so tempted to try and drive in this morning even though all radio/weather/traffic reports said it would be suicide.

Anyway, a combination of the tension building with abusive partner, little one cranky from lack of activities and my own boredom and frustration being stuck indoors ALL DAY (I have to be on the go constantly), I am desperately craving a drink!!! I nearly gave in once or twice but thankfully didn't in the end.

Any tips…?!?

Thank you.

M
Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You sound bored, you say the little one is cranky with nothing to do...how 'bout an activity you and your child can do that will engage you both? Sometimes all it takes for the obession to pass is to take your mind off of it for 30 minutes or so.

And with an abusive partner in the house...you two should play in another room by yourselves.

And you might think ahead about other things to engage yourself for the next couple of days. Write letters or Christmas cards, work on your gift list, heck, make a gift or two if you are crafty. But most importantly DO NOT PICK UP A DRINK!

Good luck.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you sort out that domestic situation soon miela. It does not sound good on any level.

I found sitting on SR here and helping others was helpful to me - it took me out of my own head a little.

Otherwise, play with your child...think about what needs to be done around the house....there's always alternatives if you look hard enough...try to keep occupied

D