Notices

Acid Reflux

Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acid Reflux

People who have read my post will know about my Candida Albicans after binge drinking a few days in succession, i just want to clarify this. Does anyone get a sore raw throat after drinking also? pretty sure its GERD it is hellish at times :'(
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont want to die young either
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

It's been so long since I drank I honestly can't remember every little hellish physical symptom that have since gone away. Hopefully in your next 60 day 'test' you'll find you feel lots better without alcohol in your life. And then if you pick up again, despite realizing the impact alcohol may have had, I hope you get help for that at some point too.

Candida albicans is a yeast infection. See a doctor.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks im self diagnosed, btw, have had meds etc but nothing works, alcohol is defo a contributing factor, especially after binging, pretty much not fair atall i end up gagging and everything :'(
Old 10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Raveneyes

I understand you have issues with doctors - but the medical rules are pretty clear here.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
If you want a competent and definitive diagnosis for any of your medical issues, please see a Dr.

D
Old 10-27-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Acid Reflux ....is not always connected to alcohol.
Be safe.....ask your doctor about medical matters please.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A Candida infection isn't limited to the female genitourinary tract. It can colonize many body systems. Alcoholics are at increased risks of all sorts of infections, not the least of which are respiratory infections. The fact that you have these upper GI issues in combination with your gagging is definitely something that could increase the potential for aspiration, and subsequent pneumonia. So yeah, see a doctor.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im not a medical professional or anything Dee, im unemployed. I am tired and going to bed, night night all.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

This thread is closed.

Go to a free clinic if you can't afford a personal doctor.
Thanks.