Notices

Shortness of breath

Old 10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shortness of breath

Ok, i still dont think i have a problem, im better than i was etc, loose some hangover symptoms and somehow get others, ive found tht in the past few months if i over do it at weekends or go on a bender i wear up with a bad sensation of shortness of breath? i actually need to gasp for air and wait it out, it typically last half a day and is very horrible :'( its worse when i lie down in bed at night. I suffer from Candida Albicans, could this be a factor for my health problems?
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Unknown. You should see your doctor to get answers to your medical questions.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i know when my problems began, drinking dirty water whilst helping my cousin at a lodge in Irvine, bleh... never drinking random tap water again :'( no treatment has worked for me either, alcohol makes it worse but i like to be social, tongue ends up white etc, not nice :'(
Old 10-27-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely see your Doctor Raveneyes - we can't give you medical advice here.

D
Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's possible to be social without drinking. People do it all the time.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i was pretty much ill as hell in January 2009, to the extent of feeling tht if i cant get better tht ill kill myself, severe fatigue, brain fog blah blah blah for the best part of a month! Doctors dont have a clue tbh Even when im sober, i still dont feel all there? if tht makes sense but better than i did this time last year, i only feel normal when i have a drink, any feedback on that one?
Old 10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I personally was out of breath all the time, but I accredit this to the chain smoking I did when I drank daily sitting on my ass all day.

I used to get up in the morning and have my normal puking routine, and then force huge quaffs of whatever drink I had left down my throat.

Hold it in standing there...in one arm an empty glass, one arm stabilisling me on the sink, concentrating on holding the first drink in...

counting...staring in the mirror...

telling myself "Keep it in, keep it in..."

Then after a half hour I would smoke...it brought my mood right sickly and doomy for a bit, (Which I was expecting) and if I didnt puke then, another drink, this time slug half of it then start sipping and smoking all day, after, day, after day, after day, after day...etc

Sober I smoke 3 quarters a pack to a full pack per day.

Drinking I can smoke up to 3 packs a day.

At the end I was scared to fall asleep with the chest pains , the wheezy short little coughs I *could barely* manage and I was having sleep apnea bouts where I was desperately trying to awaken and I knew I was sleeping but couldnt wake... I was paralyzed.

My wife said she thought I was dead a coupla times in the detox days...she even took my pulse as I was sleeping because my breath was so short, you could barely see my chest move and hear next to nothing...

VERY scary place to be, see your doctor, I did, It worked.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Suki im the quietest person u could ever meet, doesnt help when family remarks on it, i just dont like talking much.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I dont smoke whatevername! cheers for the response though
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raveneyes View Post
I dont smoke whatevername! cheers for the response though
Well thats a good thing, stay positive, dont freak out and see a doctor and follow up regularily...I had to see my doctor justa bout every week for three months after i quit. God Bless
Old 10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks man, i put it down to anxiety myself, i think a good long break from Alcohol is in order. I also know how tht sounds in an addiction forum, no offense intended!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks man, i put it down to anxiety myself, i think a good long break from Alcohol is in order. I also know how tht sounds in an addiction forum, no offense intended!
No offense taken.
Anxiety is a thing that will diminish faster than you think after quitting drinking, for some...maybe only a few days...
Whenever I was told that I wouldnt believe it, NOTHING I thought could take it away, it was here to stay no matter what anyone said...but I was wrong, very wrong, in my case it diminished over time.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i feel fine after a couple of days! Anxiety is gone after a day but i suffer from Insomnia for up to 4 days! meh.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i only feel normal when i have a drink, any feedback on that one?
yes... have you considered the possibility that the answer to that is that you may be alcoholic? That is a common experience for many who identify themselves as alcoholics, and I can relate to that myself.

I have been reading your posts in this thread and I am left wondering if most, if not all, of these problems are from alcohol... the shortness of breath, the anxiety, the brain fog, the white tongue...

Just wonderin'
Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Possibly, i jus started a new thread though..
Old 10-27-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

As always best to see a doctor. You say you have but they don't have any answers...have you ever considered a Good Chinese doctor. Their approach is very different than ours. One of the things they do to diagnosis problems is look at the tongue:-) I know that a white tongue means your body is not healthy.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I know, honestly, i was in some states last year and visiting my GP, not my actual doctor but the nurses tht work there, i freaked out and was vomiting in the toilet then sat in the waiting room seat for a wee while shivering and feeling awful, i still dont know how i survived walking there, the female nurse knew who i was, called me by my name when i was sitting there with my head in my lap. Got anxiety meds, felt someone better, thts when i did the 2 months abstenance last year, i havent felt as bad since.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

This thread is closed.....once again
go to a free clinic for medical advice
if you can not afford your personal doctor.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Thanks