Notices

Freaking out

Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Freaking out

I want to open up more as time goes on but right now i want to end this hell of the past 20 years. I drink a 12Pack a day and have almost every day in some form or another since i was 20, im now 36. I have HBP, and Diabetes and MS, im SHOT to hell and feel like crap every day of my life. I have my diabetes under strict control everything else is gone to the dogs.. im drunk right now but want to stop, i have been to AA many many times but the most time i have had in the past 20 years was one month. Beer has been with me for the lost of my mother, and the drug over dose death of 2 of my brothers. i could go on and on listing all the hell but for now im fearing ill DT or die with out beer. I stopped going to the DR last year after they told me i have MS, i wont go back.. im shot, lost and giving up..
Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mrzmax

I really encourage you to rethink your decision about the Dr - detox can sometimes be problematic, even for those of us who've detoxed alone many many times before.

I still have legacies from my last home detox in 07, and I really wish now I'd seen a Dr.

D
Old 10-18-2010, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You don't have to live in a world of self-inflicted misery. You can stop, get help, and find some happiness and serenity. There is always hope and you can build a better tomorrow, but it will require some work on your part.

First thing is first. Please get in touch with your local hospital or detox center.

Then it probably would be a good idea to get some help to stop drinking. If AA is not working for you, then maybe you should try something else. Try SMART Recovery or in/out patient program and use this forum. Or try AA again, but do it differently than what you were doing before. However, whatever you are doing now is not working. Something needs to change.

I wish I had the answers for you, but I don't. However, I do know that you don't have to live like this anymore if you don't want to. We all know what how tough addiction is, but there are plenty of people out there who will help you to break this insidious cycle.

However, first thing is first. Please look into getting some help detoxing.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hate DR's HATE!! What do i even say? I first think i need a new DR
Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrzmax View Post
I hate DR's HATE!! What do i even say? I first think i need a new DR
i strongly dislike DR's too. i don't really know any drunks that do. you don't have to go to your Dr. you know. you can go to an immediate care center and get treated.

you know, the're the places you always see in the phone book that treat things like broken bones and colds and s#it. call a few of them and ask if they treat alcohol withdrawal. most of those places do, and don't really ask alot of questions. they just prescribe the detox meds and send you on your way. usually you can get seen for about $40.

it beats the hell out of spending thousands on rehab if you can't afford it.
i know quite a few of my friends who got sober that way.

good luck, and please keep us informed.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Considering your other health issues....it would be dangerous
and foolish to de tox on your own.
I too am a diabetic...I'm particularly concerned about that
aspect of de toxing for you.....

Welcome to SR......