Notices

Do you smell different?

Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I remember waking up with that utterly foul taste in my mouth. I was sweating badly. When I turned my head I could smell it coming off my body. It was really weird and scary. I had a bag of clothes that I was practically living out of, and when I was unpacking it weeks later, I caught the same stench off my clothes. The smell and feel of fabric softened p-jammies and wooly socks are a few of my favorite things at the moment!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Smelled like a ferret with bad breath.
Now, I smell like a mountain meadow with a hint of diesel fuel...lol..lol...lol
Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah I notice a smell when I drink heavily, (I'm only a few days sober....). Sometimes I have bad b/o when I wake up in the morning and my sheets smell like booze. There was a time early in the summer when both my boyfriend were drinking more than usual and my whole bedroom had this stale alcohol smell. I do keep up with the house keeping despite near daily drinking so I would wash the sheets alot, but the smell would persist. Gross. I pray that I'll have the strength to beat this ugly complusion. No more mouth wash to hide the smell when I go out, no more hangovers, no more shame.
Instead health, pride, joy.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You can do it Zen!

I just thought of something...back when I was drinking, Summer (my Rhodesian Ridgeback) would often smell my breath with this really worried expression on her face. She continued to do this for about a month and a half after I stopped drinking but she doesn't seem to worry about it anymore. I know she is so much happier then when I drank, and I think the smell of alcohol in my body made her very upset.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I think that dogs sense of smell is about 100X more acute than ours..(along with their hearing). the only way i can describe a regular heavy drinker smell is sour and stale, almost like dairy products gone bad. even if they shower regularly...it does not wash away. it lingers on your body, gets into your linens and clothing.

I used to regularly spray my car with OUST,(like Lysol) but it only worked briefly.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know that more than a few times, my wife has mentioned that I have an 'alcoholy' type smell to me, the next day... when I knew I hadn't drank. So yeah, I guess it does screw with our body chemistry a bit if it is used in excess.

Kinda like garlic, it leaves a smell on ya, however it really doesn't have to be used in excess for that to happen.

The body usually excretes what it doesn't need, sometimes through sweating, sometimes urination, etc.. quite a few of the nasty components that make up the alcohol are expelled, yet our body chooses to keep many of the nasty components of alcohol.

Either way, regular drinking does change your smell, and if you stop, it changes back.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whatevername View Post
The smell from alcoholics is all the toxins coming out through your pores, especially during night sweats and usually hangs around for three to four days after quitting and having a regualar shower schedule.

I , on the other hand, belived I didnt smell when I was drunk, because I couldnt smell. and thought noone would notice the alcohol on my breath. My hygiene is nothing short of disgusting when I drink.

When I was drinking, I wore the same clothes for days, the house was a pigsty, I rarely did dishes and rarely did laundry. My wife had to force me to shower and she usually did all the chores after work.

sick, sick sick
LOL sounds like me at the end of my drinking. I would go days without a shower, and the houde was a dump with stale beer cans laying all over the place. ****** nasty!!! I'm sure my body smelled like 4 miles of ape $hit.