Notices

Depressed...

Old 09-13-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Depressed...

people say i'm a alcoholic. i dont think i am. i love drinking whiskey etc as it makes me feel better but i dont think im a alcoholic. i buy about 3 bottles of whiskey a day. even though 3 bottles is a little more than others i dont think it is excessive. on sundays i might have other bits of beer like stella and a bottle of gin etc. I got sacked from my last job as they said i kept coming in as drunk as hell but i dissagre. i am unemloyed which i enjoy being but i am struggling to buy my xbox games as i dont have much money. i also smoke about 7 boxes a day. I have to borrow money... i think i oversleep. i go to bed about 12:00am and get up at 3pm and on sundays i get up at 5:00pm. I do enjoy alcohol and i enjoy smoking but people say i have too much. I always had alcohol since I was 12 and smoked at the age of 10 but I don't think i'm a alci. I think i will set up my own business next week so i can afford it. I think i will give my own business ago tomoz or sometime so i can afford my alcohol etc...
Whats the point of coming of alcohol? Why should i? whats wrong with my life as it is? im happy as long as i have my daily alcohol. I get my alcohol delivered to my door every day as I don't have a car. today I have ordered 6 bottles of wiskey and 1 gin and 2 stellas- this is a more than normal and don't have this much normally - i only have it when im bored. i cant wait to get stuck in this lot! it only came 2 mins ago!
speak soon.
tim.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Having fun are we?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can drink all you want. I did for 8 years and you can too. But now I want off the merry-go-round and I stepped off and now I have to learn to walk again.

If that merry-go-round is thrilling you and making you have a lot of fun and you aren't ready to step off, don't expect us to be able to talk you off. It's got to be a decision from you first.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

how do you mean?
No im not having much fun.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i would like to stop drinking as i don't really have the money
Old 09-13-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
skg

If you want to drink, that's your business. If you want to stop, AA can help.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i tried that 4 years ago bit it didn't help.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

how would i know if im an alcoholic? i know im not a drugy but im not sure about alcoholism?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
skg

Most people don't go to AA to get sober the first time. Most just want to learn how to drink like normal people, or to get their papers signed (gift certificates from the judge), or because they've been forced to go. So they sit and judge everyone around the room, determined to be different.
I can only speak from MY experience, but I didn't like being sober, and alcohol provided the lubrication to be 'like them.' Until it didn't work any longer. And when I was drinking I couldn't stop, and when I stopped I couldn't wait to start. It became my solution for everything.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

im fat (22 stone)
im small (5' 5")
im an alcoholic
i smoke 7 boxes a day
im ugly
im probebualy a drugy as well as I take lucy in the sky on mondays and tuesdays.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im out of work
i dont have any money
ive now just had 1 bottle of gin and 1 bottle of wiskey.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
skg

The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking. You don't get any extra points for cross addiction, size, smoking or attractiveness.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i sometimes even have to steel alcohol from shops and have been arrested for it 3 years ago. I have a criminal record, i take drugs, i take alcohol, im fat, im poor, i smoke, im ugly, im lonely and im to old now to get a fresh start... i think its to late now to change anything now
Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
skg

out of work, i dont have any money, ive now just had 1 bottle of gin and 1 bottle of wiskey.
So you've got nothing to prevent you from going to a meeting, they don't cost anything, and AA welcomes 'wet' drunks who've been drinking. Go to a meeting. The only person judging you is you.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
skg

So the good news is that you qualify for membership. When I finally decided to go I had come to a crossroads: Jails, mental instititution, or death. Or I could take this road that was unknown, mysterious and scary. I was so full of fear and judgementalism that I nearly threw up in the parking lot, but I went in. I know today that those other three are waiting for me if I ever want to go back--they'll always be there. But this seems to be the easier, softer way. For me. You can keep doing what you're doing and getting what you're getting. Just sayin'...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

but i think its to late to do anything with my life. im a middle aged, fat, unemployable alcoholic. I don't know if i should throw the rest of my alcohol away and throw i fags away and go to a meeting? I could start TODAY?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
skg

Continue doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you've been getting. If you're ready for a change, AA can help. The next move's on you. Choose wisely.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

im ijust finishin muy lastbit of cocaine andthen ill get tothe aa
Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

imgoin to the aa tomorow mornin
Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope you still the same in the morning. Good luck to you. There is a lot of support here as well if you want it. AA has helped me tremendously.