Notices

Depressed...

Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome.....

Because of the ammount you drink and for how long
you have drank......you likely need medical assistance
for de tox and perhaps longer term treatment.

Please contact your nearest Salvation Army
They have de tox centers and other resources
in many areas.....and they are free.

Hope you find your way into sobriety
You can make so many improvements in your
life....once you get and stay sober....
Old 09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Tim can I be honest? When I read your first post in this thread, I almost thought it was a joke. Then the more I read, the more I realized that you are serious when you say that this amount of alcohol, and you losing your job, and being arrested, is all true, and that you don't think its a problem. You said its too late for you to start over. You said you don't have any money. Are you truly HAPPY this way? Your life can change, and you can be truly happy, but only if you want to be.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi,
Ive just got up feeling a little sick from all the stuff I had yesterday. Dont think ill make it to the aa today
see u later
going back to bed now
Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm not convinced that this post is real. If it is real, there are folks on this site much wiser than I to offer support, advice and experience. However if its not real, I will ask that you kindly leave the forum to those who are sincerely searching for their way through addiction recovery.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
skg

EmptySoul,
I wonder too, but one thing I've learned in Open Forums, like Open Meetings, is that folks don't show up accidentally. At least in MY recovery, there's always a message:
1) He's sick, or he wouldn't be here, and
2) I'm sick, or I wouldn't be here.
In my homegroup we get alot of 'Gift Certificate' holders--you know the ones: Got a nudge from the judge and gotta get a paper signed? GirlFriend said she wouldn't go out with him if he didn't check out an AA? Husband dropped her off at the treatment center and they sent her into an open meeting?
There's an opportunity to state the benefits of a recovery program and a Solution to a problem they have and don't know it or have and won't show it. Or they're just intent on showing their asses--and that qualifies as sick, at least in my head, because I've been there.
I listened to a speaker CD from a St. Thomas Roundup nearly everyday during my early sobriety and the speaker was Teresa F. She said, "Welcome, we're glad you're here. We've just messed up your drinking for ever." Well, she said, "For-ev-uh," because of her NY/PR accent, but I loved her! And I get it.
The message is the same for the wet-brain or the wise-ass: Keep coming back and we'll love you until you can love yourself. The sick ones will argue, and the sicker ones will listen, and the dying ones might just come back.

Some oldtimer told me once, "Who are you to judge who gets to hear the message?"

sumbitchinoldfart...

And the glory of ALL of this is that I stay sober!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi,
Just got up half an hour ago feeling better.
I am defo going to the AA tomorrow. Why are you saying im not real? I came on this forum for help. Anyway, think i'll play on my xbox for a few hours - need new games but don't have enough money... Today I will have my last drink of gin and them I am quitting tomorrow.
Tim.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just got of my xbox and gone through the same games 200 times! I need money for my games. I have no alcohol, drugs or tobacco in the house. I finished the last lot of while I was gaming. I am already starting to feel an urge for my alcohol, drugs and fags. Is there something like the AA for drug addicts? I'm really tired. I don't know if it's too late to change... all i can do is try... Even if I change i dont know what it will do for me as

1. I dont even have a GCSE (I don't even know how to divide(
2. I have a big criminal record for theft (Been arrested 7 times)

It would take til im 90 to sort this big mess out. and i doubt i will even live another 5 years with my health. Ive had 2 heart attacks in my life and have a pacemaker. Not looking good...
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tim, you need to get into Recovery (a 28 day program) if you try and quit on your own, after having done the amount of drinking and drugs as you have been, you will either have a stroke or another heart attack. Get medical attention, NOW. With the proper treatment, and this will mean sticking to a program once you go home, you can still have a lot of clean, sober years ahead.

And, by not spending all that money on booze and drugs, you can buy your XBOX games. There is an AA for drug users, it's called NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Get help right away so you can get started on a new, better life. Keep in touch.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Today I got to the AA but I only got to the door and vomited. It was all too much for me. I also had a panic attack. I am really angry with myself as I have now just had a bottle of gin and some fags as I was so stressed. I do not know what i can do...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Tim, you are too far gone for just AA. YOU NEED REHAB.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
skg

Never too far gone for AA until you're dead. I get the sense that this is a trolling thread, but never-the-less, gotta get in the doors to get the help.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skg View Post
Never too far gone for AA until you're dead. I get the sense that this is a trolling thread, but never-the-less, gotta get in the doors to get the help.
I completely agree with you!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I think it's a good idea to treat everyone as you
wish to be treated....both in person and on line.

This is best done when you share your personal experiences
if no one is willing to do so....or has none...you can
always step away ..
Old 09-16-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
skg

I thank God every day that there were no requirements on my getting getting sober. The only requirement was the desire not to drink. They didn't say anything about having a God, smelling good, hair brushed, pressed shirt, pleasant demeanor, minty-fresh breath, driving an undented car, living in the appropriate place, or pretending to be someone I wasn't. The only thing they said was:
Welcome. We're glad you're here.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Carol, you're right. It's important to treat others as we wish to be treated.

Here's what I can say to Tim:

Nothing worth doing is ever easy. I couldn't quit drinking for a long time because I had all the excuses in the world. Here's some of them: I can't sleep when I don't have a few drinks. I'm sick when I don't drink. I'm unhappy when I don't drink. It all boiled down to the idea that quitting would be hard and unpleasant. I wasn't sure it would be worth it.

I had to reach the point where I admitted that the alcohol's effect on my life trumped all those excuses. When you've always got a reason you can't, you're right about one thing: You can't.

It's only when you take action and move forward that you can. If I were in your shoes, moving forward to me would mean calling some treatment centers and seeing if they'll take you. I don't think you're safe detoxing without medical care.

Last edited by lildawg; 09-16-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: I misspelled a word. It looked dumb.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Not sure what to make of all this, how on earth can you afford 7 packs of cigs and 3 + bottles of whisky/gin everyday, yet are not able to stretch to a new Xbox game once a week.

I must say that drinking 3+ bottles of spirits and smoking 7 packets of cigarettes in the 9 hours you are awake is somewhat astounding.

I hope for your sake that your post is not genuine, because if you carry on like this at 22 stone and after already having 2 heart attacks you will not be with us much longer.

If you are indeeded drinking all your money away to such an extent you cannot afford to buy stuff you really want such as your Xbox games, then i cannot understand how you can think you are not an alcoholic.

I hope you decide to do the right thing, whatever your reasons for posting on here.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Suzie12 View Post
Not sure what to make of all this, how on earth can you afford 7 packs of cigs and 3 + bottles of whisky/gin everyday, yet are not able to stretch to a new Xbox game once a week.

I must say that drinking 3+ bottles of spirits and smoking 7 packets of cigarettes in the 9 hours you are awake is somewhat astounding.

I hope for your sake that your post is not genuine, because if you carry on like this at 22 stone and after already having 2 heart attacks you will not be with us much longer.

If you are indeeded drinking all your money away to such an extent you cannot afford to buy stuff you really want such as your Xbox games, then i cannot understand how you can think you are not an alcoholic.

I hope you decide to do the right thing, whatever your reasons for posting on here.

I'm not sure what to make of this either. thats a lot of alchohol and nicotine.
I think 7 packs a day is some kind of world record. How many pounds is 22 stone?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

According to my converter, it's 308 pounds.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi,
please don't keep bullying me about closing this thread. I need help.
I am in alot of dept from my addictions. I have rang up about rehab and I'm going tomorrow. Why do you keep saying that it's fake - thats really encouraging... Tonight is my last night of getting wasted!!! I have to go at 1:30pm. I am going to the doctors soon too. I do sometimes (most of the time) have 2 or maybe 3 fags at once. I think I'll then go on some courses with the open university and one day get a degree!!!

Wish me luck!
im
Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Some posts have been removed from this thread
that were not condusive to our mission of
assisting each other in finding recovery.

Once again....if you can feel you can support anyone
please go find another thread to share on.

: