Notices

Fresh start for school

Old 09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fresh start for school

Hi everyone,

Well, labor day weekend did it to me again. Ended up going to a bbq on Saturday, didn't get too drunk at all. However, on the way home I grabbed a 24 back of beer, and the next thing I knew I was about 12 deep and it was three in the morning...woke up the next day around 10, drank the other half immediately, and then got a half pint...finished up with another pint of 100 proof vodka. Monday was hell...I got through it with only drinking one double shot mid afternoon, and spent the night with those hideous dreams, shivers.

I haven't had a binge like that in quite awhile. I still feel pretty bad, but I at least made it to work on time today with no alcohol in my system and got through the day. With school starting up tomorrow I need to stop. Tonight will be my first night without alcohol in several weeks. I know I'll sleep like a rock, and hopefully I'll feel normal by tomorrow morning.

Just putting myself out there. I'll be around here. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by reducedquality View Post
Hi everyone,

Well, labor day weekend did it to me again. Ended up going to a bbq on Saturday, didn't get too drunk at all. However, on the way home I grabbed a 24 back of beer, and the next thing I knew I was about 12 deep and it was three in the morning...woke up the next day around 10, drank the other half immediately, and then got a half pint...finished up with another pint of 100 proof vodka. Monday was hell...I got through it with only drinking one double shot mid afternoon, and spent the night with those hideous dreams, shivers.

I haven't had a binge like that in quite awhile. I still feel pretty bad, but I at least made it to work on time today with no alcohol in my system and got through the day. With school starting up tomorrow I need to stop. Tonight will be my first night without alcohol in several weeks. I know I'll sleep like a rock, and hopefully I'll feel normal by tomorrow morning.

Just putting myself out there. I'll be around here. Thanks for listening.
Hey reducedquality, welcome back to sober life.

You may not feel normal for awhile, but just hang in there. I think it's important for you to identify the thoughts that led you to pick up the first drink and attack them with rational thoughts when they come. I think I have a good idea though, I've been in those social situations where I swore I would only have a few drinks and ended up going to the liquor store to top myself off. It's insane (literally) how the addictive mind works and traps us into a false sense of security and leads us into temptation. I think the biggest thing that gets a lot of us alcoholics is complacency. I recently felt myself being complacent about my drinking habits and having more urges. So I started coming here more and doing more things I find enjoyable that give me a natural high (including exercise).

Also, make sure to drink lots of water in your first few weeks sober, it really helps out.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are starting again...

Now...if you could quit touching that hot stove......