Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Everything was going good until about 20 minutes ago

Notices

Everything was going good until about 20 minutes ago

Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

You sound very determined that this time is the last time. Thats so great to hear. Twitter away!! lol
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrivingVacation View Post
Make time for my sobriety. Start by going to meetings and getting a sponsor. Find some hobbies that can kill the boredom that can lead me back. Thinking about seeing an addiction counselor once a week or so. Use SR like my own personal Twitter account lol. jk.

Whatever it takes I guess is the real answer.
Good for you, DV. I am really proud of you for taking the time for yourself and taking this as seriously as it it. We are all here for you for whatever help you need.

a
Old 09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julez View Post
You sound very determined that this time is the last time. Thats so great to hear. Twitter away!! lol
Originally Posted by aehmnm View Post
Good for you, DV. I am really proud of you for taking the time for yourself and taking this as seriously as it it. We are all here for you for whatever help you need.

a
I do plan on this being the last time.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Wishing you the best DV. Hang in there.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
part time member

Remember the episode on the bathroom floor (we easily forget) for the next time you start feeling that you can have just one. There are many posts here about playing the tape all the way through. Look them up. Good information. Don't drink today, think about tomorrow...tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

in my prayers...and what a wonderful person you are to share!! I so respect that in a MAN! talk to your HIGHER POWER "HE" is listening.....all the best my friend..
Old 09-05-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Maggie!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A work in progress

That's the ticket, DV,

WHATEVER IT TAKES. Overkill is not inappropriate in life-or-death circumstances. Underkill, well, can kill.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I do plan on this being the last time.

proud of you.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yay DV! I am so proud of you and it's great to see you posting. Look at all the love you have here. People are really pulling for you and they are saying great things about you on chat too. Hang in there! You can do it because you are a strong man!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Balou View Post
Yay DV! I am so proud of you and it's great to see you posting. Look at all the love you have here. People are really pulling for you and they are saying great things about you on chat too. Hang in there! You can do it because you are a strong man!
Thank you Balou. I appreciate the support.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Che

I think I needed to read this as my own reminder. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you have a plan and are feeling better. Just wanted you to know everyone here is pulling for you. You have a forum full of friends sending love and well wishes. Keep posting and letting us know how you are. We miss you!! :
Old 09-06-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
Glad to hear you have a plan and are feeling better. Just wanted you to know everyone here is pulling for you. You have a forum full of friends sending love and well wishes. Keep posting and letting us know how you are. We miss you!! :

Thank you so much Opi! I miss all you guys too! I'm doing pretty good. Day 4 and I'm already starting to feel a lot better than I was 2 days ago. I'll keep you posted.

PS- Loved the Flag lol
Old 09-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Today has been a pretty crappy day
Old 09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

((DV)) - sorry you're having a bad day, but I like what someone here told me - "the difference between a bad day and a good day is....about 2 days" Bad days happen, but they do pass. As long as we're working hard in our recovery, we can keep a bad day from becoming a REALLY bad day.

Hang in there!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-06-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
((DV)) - sorry you're having a bad day, but I like what someone here told me - "the difference between a bad day and a good day is....about 2 days" Bad days happen, but they do pass. As long as we're working hard in our recovery, we can keep a bad day from becoming a REALLY bad day.

Hang in there!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Thank you. I'm trying my best. I guess it could always be worse.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'll take an anxiety attack over cirrhosis of the liver any day. Seriously, think of the first few days as a long car drive to the beach, say 8 hours. The first couple of hours are fine, then after hour 5 you start to feel the symptoms of uncomfortable boredom, you want to get out, are hungry, tired, etc. But you still keep thinking about the beautiful beach, it keeps you going. Eventually after an excruciating 8 hour drive, you get there. I know it's a simple analogy. But think of your destination. Hold fast. It's painful and very scary, but you can make it.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

DV,

Try to think of your "crappy day" as a step closer to having really good ones. That's what I did. Baby steps at first. I also got somewhat angry at times and would say "hey bring it on I can handle it". "You won't beat me this time." (meaning the alcohol) "I'm stronger than you." Kinda recondition your mind.

When the urges come (and they will) to drink or use call them out for what they are! Liars!! Trying to pull you back to that horrible place called hell. I'd dismiss them, laugh at them even! Wouldn't let them win. You can do the same DV see if it helps.
Take care, I'm very proud of you! :ghug3
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Today has been a pretty crappy day
I'm sorry, DV. But you know, there are good days and crappy days. Gotta take em all. You can deal with it without a drink. Stay strong man. You know we are here for you, whatever you need.

Today will be a better day, I am sure.

a