Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Everything was going good until about 20 minutes ago

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 02:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I woke with an intense sense of panic, like somebody was sitting on my chest and I was being strangled. Now it feels like my body was dropped out of a window, I can't stop sweating, my hands wont open and it feels like the bones are growing. I forgot how much this sucked.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there man , you've survived this before and you know yourself better than before. This can be the last time you go through this misery.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Isn't it amazing that, once we're in it we suddenly remember how bad that feels yet, right before we picked up that memory - the truuuue memory - of how bad the price will be is completely unavailable??

You pound through this DV. It'll pass......and we all love you!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good luck DV. take one moment at a time when this panick attacks. take a hot shower, sit down, and let it pass.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

DV.....de toxing without medical supervision can be risky.
Call 911 or have someone drive you to an ER.

Be both safe and sober plese...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Be safe, Driving Vacation. Don't give up.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

DV
minute by minute , second by second!!! ! This too will pass!!! youre in the right place hun, get in touch with ppl like you, pick up the phone tell some1 how sh1tty yor feel! For me i have to get out & get fresh air breath deep till the panic stops !!!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

DV,

If you go to the ER they can get you safely through this with less discomfort. Once you're through it, you know what to do. You were talking about getting a sponsor. Ask someone to be a temporary sponsor.

Please take care of yourself--you can make this the last time.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

DV we are all worried about you. Yes you've been through this before, but every time is different, and if you are gonna go through this hell, then make sure you're here to see the other side of it! Please be careful, and get some help! At least have someone on hand and ready to take you to the ER if and when you decide to go. xoxo
Old 09-04-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do it, DV. You know it will pass. Remember yesterday when you were feeling so good being sober. . .you will have that back and more.

I'm glad you are posting as you go through this. It helps. I know you make it through. . .you know what to do.

I think you have also realized this week how many people here are pulling for you, care for you, are here for you. . .keep posting when you need to.

Take care of yourself.

a
Old 09-04-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm still kicking. This might sound twisted but I'm actually glad I was curled up on the bathroom floor at 7AM this morning and physically unable to drive myself to the liquor store. Still feel terrible but that urge has passed and I'm going to try and get some more sleep. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrivingVacation View Post
I'm still kicking. This might sound twisted but I'm actually glad I was curled up on the bathroom floor at 7AM this morning and physically unable to drive myself to the liquor store. Still feel terrible but that urge has passed and I'm going to try and get some more sleep. Thanks for listening.
Well, if that is twisted, guess I am as well. sounds perfectly logical to me! Glad you didn't go. Get your rest, young man. Thanks for letting us know you are okay.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Too Short!!!

You know we all love you and are here for you! Remember this misery as a reason to stay away from the drank. . If you need me you know where I be

:loveyou
Old 09-04-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
queen of de nile

haven't seen you around on chat so i searched your name (guess that makes me your internet stalker) you will make it through just fine DV. :ghug3
Old 09-04-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

DV

I've been away this week and just caught up with everyone's posts. I'm both happy and sad for your situation. Happy you decided to try again and saddened your suffering like we all do when trying to get sober. It's a bi*ch. I know you've struggled for a while but I believe you CAN do this and come out the other end.

Your a wonderful person and have helped so many of us here on SR myself included. I want to say thanks, and to let you know I'm here for you as well as the many many people here who love and care about your well being. So keep reaching out and let your friends help YOU.

Don't give up DV. We're all fighting the same battle. Your not alone. I'm very proud of you and will keep you in my prayers. :
Old 09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody. It means a lot to me.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there.

Hey DV,

It does suck, that feeling of terror. Ditto to all that has been said. Rooting for ya big fella.

Annette
Old 09-05-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Feeling a little bit better today. Still not close to 100% but I didn't start my morning curled up on the floor, so that's a step in the right direction. Thanks again to all!!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad to hear you are uncurling.

What are you planning to do to stay sober once you got the booze out of your system?
Old 09-05-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Glad to hear you are uncurling.

What are you planning to do to stay sober once you got the booze out of your system?
Make time for my sobriety. Start by going to meetings and getting a sponsor. Find some hobbies that can kill the boredom that can lead me back. Thinking about seeing an addiction counselor once a week or so. Use SR like my own personal Twitter account lol. jk.

Whatever it takes I guess is the real answer.