Notices

Sorry...

Old 08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sorry...

I'm just really, really sad today. Some things are weighing on my mind. I posted in mental health. I can't fit in. Things are too hard. I know some of you hate whining, but I don't like your responses so we're even.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your sad Sleepie. I don't mind your whining if you don't mind mine.

I really hope you feel better. Maybe a hot bath with some Lavender oil?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

at least you're still reading and posting.....I don't even bother posting much....figure I am just on my own on this one....but for what it's worth....I hear ya.....
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I posted in your other thread sleepie.

Hiya Cornczech
D
Old 08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm with you too sleepie.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Sleepie,
I hope you feel better. I dont know how you feel about God, but I would suggest saying a prayer asking for relief. Then go and help someone you dont know, like volunteer at a soup kitchen. Someone suggested that to me and it helped. God Bless
Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I volunteer at a cat shelter.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think that qualifies. It's all about the love.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Che

Life is how you define it. If you say it is 'too hard' then it will be too hard. Try to recognise and stop yourself from using phrases that are exaggerations of reality. If I knew you better I would ask you why you are trying to be so miserable (emotionally, not as a trait).

I suffer from long-term depression as well, but the times when I feel better are the times when I am not telling myself how horrible everything is or how nothing is likely to work out. We establish these sad patterns of thought ourselves, and it's up to us to establish patterns of positive thoughts to break out of it. When we are positive we do things to make our lives better. When we are negative we do nothing and life stagnates. Don't you want to make your life better?

I hope you do, because I am struggling too
Old 08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

People have been attempting to define reality for centuries. I am not trying to be miserable.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i felt moody, angry, annoyed, pissed off the past two hours for some reason and cant shake it off but..............im going to muay thai kick boxing later and that always cheers me up when its over. sometimes when we feel sad we focus too much on continuing to feel sad instead of focusing on finding something that could make us feel good and focusing on that....find what works for you because everyone is different....as long as baby steps are being made for improvement then you will find your happiness someday...give up and you will never get anywhere.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Been there sleepie...what fun?!

Have you got a program of recovery in place yet? Its much more fun this side of the fence and the grass is greener!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You don't have to apologize for the way you feel. We can't control that first thought, it's what we decide to do with it than can make or break us.

I just want to share what I'm going through at 5 months, just to see if it helps. I am not trying to hijack your thread. I do not need feedback, just trying to help the best I can.

Today was great, but I still feel sad. Feeling a little bit left out, like everyone has given up on me. But being sober is about me, and how I feel about myself, so I no longer drink.

I make meetings everyday, but I really want to skip today because I'm not sure I can fake any smiles. I'll pray, and be grateful -- maybe go to the barber shop. See how the next two hours go.

A drink will not help anything I am dealing with now.