Notices

Steps

Old 08-19-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Steps

Steps
I found myself in a bottomless pit, of sorrow and woe and despair. When a ray of light revealed to me the steps of a winding stair.

In vain I tried to reach those steps, by myself it could not be done. I cried for help and a Voice replied, "You are standing on Step number 1."

"Who’s that?" I asked. "What do you want?" "Can you tell me what to do?" "Give me your hand," the Voice answered, and you’ll be on Step number 2." I help up my hand.

I decided that I alone could not set myself free. But I trusted that Voice and it suddenly said, "You are standing on Step number 3." I stop there and rest, and look at myself. I don’t think I can do anymore.

From somewhere above the Voice came again, "You are standing on Step number 4." Wherever you are, you don’t understand, I don’t deserve to be alive. For I am a liar, a thief and a con.

The Voice said, "You’re on Step number 5." I’m not well, I’m not right. There’s a lot wrong with me, is there anything you can fix?

The Voice came again and so gently replied "You are standing on Step number 6." All right then, I’ll ask--can you take these away? Can you make me feel closer to Heaven?

"I love you," the Voice said. "Your Heaven’s in you, and you’re standing on Step number 7."

There’s so many I’ve harmed, my family I’ve hurt--all the pain and the grief and the hate. "It’s alright my child," the Voice calmly said, "You are now on Step number 8."

"You must tell them you’re sorry. You must make things right. And then in their eyes you will shine." "I’ll do it," I whispered.

And then the Voice calmly said, "You’re standing on Step number 9." I must keep a close eye on my motives and self cause there’s wrongs that I may do again.

"Look at you," the Voice said, "at how far you’ve come! You are now on Step number 10." I pray and I ask for knowledge and strength. I want to keep my direct line to Heaven.

The Voice is so close--it’s as if it’s right there, saying "You’re standing on Step number 11." And so here I stand, almost at the top. Into all of my past I did delve.

Now I want to help others who are still in the pit. And the Voice said "This is Step number 12."

Anonymous