Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

social networking sites (facebook, myspace, etc.)

Notices

social networking sites (facebook, myspace, etc.)

Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

jesus christ i was the worlds worst drunk dialer.

Ex girlfriends, talk **** to everyone on facebook, send text messages at 4:00am, etc.

I was horrible at it!

It was to the point that I would unplug my internet and hide the cord and take the battery out of my phone and THEN start drinking.

Know what? That never worked. I'd always find them.

Sooooooooooooo embarrassing.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

T think we have ALL been there. Oh the shame
Old 08-13-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I too did the drunk calls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jeeze...I really hate to think of em..................Bein sober I at least know when I do something inappropriate.............Thats not sayin I do not enjoy tuggin where you are not suppose to tug........Life is too short.....Would be shorter if I kept drinkin...........Enjoy.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karma79 View Post
jesus christ i was the worlds worst drunk dialer.

Ex girlfriends, talk **** to everyone on facebook, send text messages at 4:00am, etc.

I was horrible at it!

It was to the point that I would unplug my internet and hide the cord and take the battery out of my phone and THEN start drinking.

Know what? That never worked. I'd always find them.

Sooooooooooooo embarrassing.
That one made me laugh, pulling out the internet connection and battery!!:rotfxko
Old 08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yep, yep...I've been there. My brother and I have very different political views, and he also drinks a lot. We've had multiple drunken debates on facebook.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've felt like an enormous idiot because I did something stupid while drinking.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Heathen

Luckily, while drinking I was too busy doing other stupid stuff .. never thought of jumping on the computer, thank god.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Smacked, I'm with u on that one!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I never posted anything bad publically while drunk but I would get on IM sometimes and get a little too emotional with friends. I called it "I love you Man-ing". It was somewhat embarrassing, but most of the time the person in question knew me well enough to know I was drunk or they themselves were also drunk. I was always more of a happy drunk. To my knowledge, I didn't say anything mean. It was still embarassing.
Back when I was still just drinking occasionally, a friend was in from out of town. We had a few too many and decided to drunk call our exboyfriends. Now THAT was REAALLY embarassing.
I had a friend who also drank a lot. Occasionally, I would wake up to a nasty comment ortwo from her on my facebook, invariably left at 2-4 AM. I just rolled my eyes and deleted it, knowing she was drunk and also knowing I'd get a call in an hour or 2 profusely apologizing, to which I'd reply to just forget about it. I knew at that point I was drinking a lot too and didn't want to be harsh with her as I feared the same thing could happen to me.