Notices

6 Days Today

Old 10-18-2003, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Days Today

I feel good about not drinking but still a little crappy with a cold.I dont feel like drinking.Ive been very impatient,bad moods on and off,and causing trouble with the wife over stuff thats been bothering me but havent spoke up because I was drinking/drunk.Its little digs Ive been making about everything from house cleaning to her annoying parents.She is taking it pretty good(not screaming) which is unusual for her.She has this habit of interupting me when Im trying to say something,kinda switches evrything to her and her feelings/problems.I tried talking this afternoon and she interupted me and I said"youre doing it again,cant you just listen for once" and she did.I told her my mind is a little screwy right now and try to beer(oops) BEAR with me while I try to get sober and she agreed.I am still on low dose of klonopin which I cant address until I have more time without beer and weed.When I feel good I will wean off klonopin slowly but will stay on zoloft for panic attacks/obsessive thoughts for some time.I feel like Im gonna do it this time.Im trying the one day at a time approach.PS I will be very nice for the rest of the day to everybody.I promise
Old 10-18-2003, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days

Be very careful with the medication issues.It's important to be honest with your doctor and follow their instructions.It's particularly important not to make sudden changes.It sounds like you already know that

I've been treated for depression for years in recovery.More than once I decided I was better,and stopped taking the medicine.I always wound up worse off than before.And recently I had a bad reaction to some medication,and came really close to going off the deep end.I am still getting myself sorted back out.

(I take Zoloft too,and was on too low of a dosage for quite a long time.)

I've had to learn to really pay attention to my thinking and watch for the little signs that something isn't right.Even now though,sometimes the depression snowballs on me.

It was hard for me to accept that my depression isn't going to just go away.Being sober gives me a chance at a good life though.It's going to make things a lot better for you too.

Hang in there,

phoenix
Old 10-19-2003, 11:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Homer!

6 days is awesome and I'm glad you're being honest with yourself and others, honesty has been the biggest asset to my own recovery.

I needed to go on Zoloft as well, for obsessive thoughts and anxiety. Its working well for me, although I know everyone is different. I thought I was ok a couple of times too and came off them which turned out to be bad decisions. Please let your doctor help you through the process of changing any medications.

One day at a time, its all any of us have. As long as I stay sober for today, I have a chance to make my life better.

Amy
Old 10-20-2003, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gonna finish up day 8 this evening.I feel very good today.I am starting a tapering schedule off klonopin today which will take about a month.I dont want to stop cold turkey in case my body is dependant on it.I read some scary **** about cold turkey on klonopin.I feel very straight,clear headed,and have been really paying attention to my family when they talk to me(thats something I wasnt able to do while drinking).Ive also been staying up later watching tv and being part of my family.I never realized how neglectful Ive been over the years because when I drink I guess I dont really pay attention that well when someone is talking to me.Actually too much talking would irritate me,but now I am enjoying listening to my boys and sometimes even my wife.lol Gotta go
Old 10-20-2003, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Congrats on Day 8. I'm on day 11 from abusing klonopin. Now I'm taking it as the doctor prescribed. Klonopin is an insidious drug.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Homer, sounds like you're doing just great. I'm so glad you're reconnecting with your family - that's so important and it will make you feel good. It seems like each day you're feeling better and more in control of your life.

Moot, I'm glad you're sticking with it too. Are the days getting any better for you now? I'm hoping for the day when you can say, that when you wake up, you are looking forward to the day. I think it's coming soon - you're working so hard.

Hugs and love,
Anna
Old 10-21-2003, 03:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((Homer))))))))))))))))))

Congratulations to you, thats wonderful

With Klonopin or any drug.... I would suggest getting your Doc involved when tapering off.

Love
Patsy
Old 10-21-2003, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Homer........

How are you doing? All sorts of ppl are dropping off these boards and its got me worrying.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Damn proud of you Homer... hey was it you that gave me this flu ! Glad your doing gr8 on day 8!

Now about reading the BB!! Whatcha think?
Keep it up!