Notices

oh the crazy dreams!!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oh the crazy dreams!!

I'm almost afraid to go to sleep at night because of these crazy detox nightmares! lol
Last night I dreamt that I was only 5 inches tall and had to go through a huge psychadelic-like obsticle course where normal size people were trying to step on me... and the night before that, I dreamt that my son had turned into some sort of vampire-zombie thing. and I had to hide from him because he was killing everybody. terrifying! lol

Thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples dreams while going through withdrawals Atleast there is one entertaining part to getting sober! haha
Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Here is mine from my first serious detox last Sept. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2357136

I spent the winter learning lucid dreaming so the dreams do not induce as much of reaction.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had multiple vivid dreams every night when I drank...they continued for the first 3 days of detox, and haven't had much of interesting to report since. Still dreaming but they are rather pedestrian and not near as vivid.

Most of the ones I had when I drank where nightmares, involving violence that I both did and was done to me.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think the difference for me is that I now remember my dreams. I've always had a vivid imagination, and I've always had vivid dreams. Sometimes I journal my dreams and try to connect them to events or things that are bothering my in my waking life. It's never boring!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, and be prepared, it is pretty common to have a drinking dream, they can be scary, I had one around day 7.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i had nightmares for almost 4 solid months...then they got more and more infrequent until they went away. now, i almost never have bad dreams. the worst of them were at about a week. some of those shook me to my core.

the worst is the "drunk" dreams when you get some time...those are horrific. i had one a few months ago that really freaked me out.

it does get better as time goes on though
Old 08-06-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh wow, I am not looking forward to having a drunk dream... lol tonight my dream wasn't as intense as the past two nights! yay!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've always had vivd dreams, but now that I'm finally sober for more than 15 minutes I'm having some realllly out there/zanny dreams. I went to sleep lasnite almost giggling, thinking..well, here we go...let the wickedness begin!! I'm having drink dreams as well. Not romancing drink, or a horrible situation...just a dream where I'm doing whatever, but still drinking. It takes a few minutes to shake it off after I wake up!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In my second or third week sober I had a dream that I had a 12 pack
and was at someone's house trying to sleep on their couch, it's funny
how the mind works.... in my dream I had a 12 pack of bud light
something I would never buy in the first place.... I drank one
then slept on the couch in my dream...

When I woke up I was pissed off that I had that one beer but
I realized it was a dream and I didn't break off from my sobriety.