Notices

Pretty girls

Old 06-14-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pretty girls

can coax you into doing things you know you shouldn't.

Day 1 again.

In a refreshing change, though, she was the one that made an ass out of herself, not me.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

I'm sorry, I think you're giving her too much credit.

Just sayin',
Sunrise
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree with sunrise.....no one can make us do what we don't want to do. I'm going through the same thing myself with agirl I knew 15 yrs ago....just have to stay strong I guess.

Steve
Old 06-15-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a new excuse!
Good luck and best this time.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

QS, that post made me LOL. But at the same time I don't agree with making this girl out to be "Eve." You've already tasted the apple and accepted responsibility for that knowledge since then, so no romantic mate should fill the role of a sales rep for having alcohol. I interpret this to be someone relatively new and not a longtime girlfriend or wife. Have you had enough time to work on yourself before joining forces or do you look at it that way?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Once I missed work because come Monday morning I was still drunk from nursing a bottle of vodka until 3am, I called my boss and said a really cute girl talked me into spending the night at her house and I wasn't going to be able to make it in. So yes blamming it on a girl is just another exuse.......We don't need much of one being alcoholics we can come up with any reason, it's, Monday, stubbed my toe, got a new phone, hang nail, hit a pot hole, pretty girl looked at me......
Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by qs4thinking View Post
In a refreshing change, though, she was the one that made an ass out of herself, not me.
If you're the one trying to quit drinking and you ended up drunk again, I'd say your point above could be debatable.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good thing you're not susceptible to the ugly ones as well.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I agree with what others have said ......... but I won't say it again.
I'll just say congrats on starting over. Lot's of us have done it but you don't ever have to do it again. Keep coming back!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Kinda hope you were joking here! Of course no one can make you drink!!! Start fresh.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

I had a lot of false starts, but that isn't a requirement for long term sobriety.

Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. What are you going to do today to stay sober is the question?

PS - Yeah, pretty girls, a bag of coke, bars...all fun, but trouble for someone like me. Maybe you too?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post

PS - Yeah, pretty girls, a bag of coke, bars...all fun, but trouble for someone like me. Maybe you too?
LOL... the only thing prettier than a pretty girl is a pretty girl with a bag of coke! lulz.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Who knew the pretty ones had super powers?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It may be time to reavaluate whether you want women in your life at all right now. There is a reason that people say no relationships in the first year of sobriety. For some, no sex for a year, which may sound extreme, is necessary.

I don't mean it in a punitive way at all. Early on I had to minimize risks or sobriety never would have stuck. You gotta put your recovery first and everything else second.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So I have to ask...What step were you working when this happened, and did you call your sponsor?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed some posts

From our SR Policy Rules and Posting Forum

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
Posts that break this or any other rule will not be tolerated.

D