Notices

Why choose Sobriety??

Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why choose Sobriety??

I'm around 140-150 sober now, haven't been keeping "exact track" this time...but spent the past week or so around people that did drink, so for the sake of MYSELF and everyone like myself that maybe thinks " I'd like to drink" I figured I'd post this, because at the least it does help me and myself others like me.

Because I have been sober the past month or more...

I have remebered my moms 66th Bday and got her a nice gift(dvd player)....

My nephews 16th bday is tomorrow and got him a nice gift (external hard drive)

Remembered my sisters annaversary and took them to dinner tonight!

And simply felt better about myself these past few months which has been just great!

Now....if I was still drinking, now of that stuff would have never happened. I'm not one of the "long timers" here....but I started here with a few days and now I'm about 4-5months with th help of this site, so if I can do it I just to tell the new guys here so can you!..

Times get tough, I still have hard time, but it's worth it, just stick with it and keep posting here. Thanks to all you here at SR for where I'm at now. Still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

Steve
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

nice one Steve

D
Old 06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.....never would have thought I would be here where I'm at after all the IOP's, AA metting's, and other things, but after sticking around "because I wanted too' things here really rubbed off on me. And I appreciate it!

Steve
Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Something else I wanted to share....which helped me a lot at the start of my sobriety, I think it was Chris (Capt2000) that emailed this to me a few months ago. It seems like one of them goofy things, but this helped me a lot when I was feeling sorry for myself. So want to share what Chris shared with me with others. Because this guy has had a profound effect on me getting sober.

YouTube - I Love Living Life. I Am Happy.

Steve